• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help flooring advice needed

willowflower27

Mama Doe
Priscilla still continues to do well however I have noticed she has a callus/bald patch on her one good back leg I tried putting her on deep hay but she's so flipping stubborn she hates it and won't move I blame the fact she was kept on wood shavings and carpet anything she encounters new is a challenge, I have vet bed memory foam and bubble wrap underneath and using vaseline but I need suggestions on flooring that a stubborn missy bun will use I need to get s balance between something she is willing to move on but not something that will cause issues with her hock
Tia

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

These bunnies are demanding aren’t they! Is she a chewer? You could try foam matting, probably in conjunction with vet bed. You can buy interlocking stuff from places like machine mart, it’s a dark grey almost black, non slip and easy to clean. I use it at work and it’s very cushioned and gets mopped daily, although I’ve sealed mine together to stop water going through.

If she doesn’t wee on soft things you could try quilts.

I never considered foam mats she doesn't chew but her litter training is still a little hit or miss so quilts are out for the time being

My bailey bun suffers with very slight sore hocks, we have carpet in their room. But I’ve covered it with cheap soft throws and they’ve worked a treat to help stop rubbing his fluff off like the carpet was doing...

Glad to hear Pricilla is still doing so well xx

Priscilla still continues to do well however I have noticed she has a callus/bald patch on her one good back leg I tried putting her on deep hay but she's so flipping stubborn she hates it and won't move I blame the fact she was kept on wood shavings and carpet anything she encounters new is a challenge, I have vet bed memory foam and bubble wrap underneath and using vaseline but I need suggestions on flooring that a stubborn missy bun will use I need to get s balance between something she is willing to move on but not something that will cause issues with her hock
Tia

hi,tia-I use a wrap called co-ban-it is an athletic wrap for sports-kinda like felcro,---make a little bootie,and place cardboard,etc.on the floor??sincerely -james waller-from the other kent-

Back