• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lino for rabbit room

mariposa

Mama Doe
Hi all!
Firstly, everyone who said to get a second rabbit - you were absolutely right :love: I love watching together and love that I've given her a second chance in life :love: It took longer than I wanted before I was in a position to get a second one but so glad I have.
They now have free run of the spare room which is carpeted. Henry does a good job, but bits of hay and Readigrass are already getting "implanted" and it would certainly be easier for me to sweep rather than hoover. However, I don't want anything too slippy for them. Any suggestions? I guess I'd have the carpet temporarily taken out, lino put in, then replace the carpet whenever I move out.
Thanks all xx

Hi all!
Firstly, everyone who said to get a second rabbit - you were absolutely right :love: I love watching together and love that I've given her a second chance in life :love: It took longer than I wanted before I was in a position to get a second one but so glad I have.
They now have free run of the spare room which is carpeted. Henry does a good job, but bits of hay and Readigrass are already getting "implanted" and it would certainly be easier for me to sweep rather than hoover. However, I don't want anything too slippy for them. Any suggestions? I guess I'd have the carpet temporarily taken out, lino put in, then replace the carpet whenever I move out.
Thanks all xx

We bought an offcut of lino from a local carpet shop and fitted it in the rabbits' shed. None of the rabbits have ever had an issue with finding it slippy. It is obviously also easy to keep clean.

I had laminate in my bunny room, it was down before it became a bunny room. It’s got a texture to it and Frosty and my bridge house bunny have both been fine on it. I’ve used rubber flooring similar to stable matting in the shed and that was also good, but probably not something you’d have in the house :lol: When I had hutches textured Lino was good and none slip too.

Back