• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits in small ads

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Read my local paper last night and in the small ads column....4 baby rabbits..£5 each.... Dont hold out much hope for them..I think papers should be banned from advertising pets from 1st November until the middle of Jan.

After spotting 5 adverts for free rabbits in the free-ads today I wanted to know if any rescues contact people who advertise rabbits in this way and offer to home them?

I guess most rescues are probably too full and have huge waiting lists to even think about volunteering to take rabbits.

Caz

Caz said:
After spotting 5 adverts for free rabbits in the free-ads today I wanted to know if any recues contact people who advertise rabbits in this way and offer to home them?

I guess most rescues are probably too full and have huge waiting lists to even think about volunteering to take rabbits.

Caz

I wondered this as our paper is advertising free to good homes for rabbits :( , and are increasing week by week :( I have only really noticed since Kathy mentioned that many people are not interested in their buns when the bad weather comes, hense winter is where alot of rescues are at bursting point :( :(

Denny said:
Caz said:
After spotting 5 adverts for free rabbits in the free-ads today I wanted to know if any recues contact people who advertise rabbits in this way and offer to home them?

Caz

I wondered this as our paper is advertising free to good homes for rabbits :(

I wonder what checks they do to make sure the homes are "good"? She says, tongue firmly embedded in cheek

Yeah - can't imagine they ask to pop round your house and inspect the accomodation first! Or hand out information packs on how to care for a rabbit!

Maybe they ask if the potential adoptee has any snakes and expect them to answer truthfully! :?

Caz

grrr i know, its my pet hate. I cant stand seeing rabbits for sale over the christmas period, and even more so over easter! :cry:
Have seen so many advertisements for baby rabbits and nethie dwarfs FREE to a "good home". Im sure their snakes would say thank you if they could!

couldnt agree more... how can anyone breed rabbits, care for them till they are old enough (if they old enough :x ) to be seperated from their mums and then advertise them knowing they might not be looked after properly, it makes you sick to the stomach doesnt it...
Newspapers should definatly put a stop to advertising during these months! I'd be terrible at breeding, I'd end up with a lil herd in my garden!

Back