Thread: Rabbits in small ads

Wise Old Thumper

Default Rabbits in small ads

Read my local paper last night and in the small ads column....4 baby rabbits..5 each.... Dont hold out much hope for them..I think papers should be banned from advertising pets from 1st November until the middle of Jan.
    Jill @ HONEYBUNNIES
    Leicester Rabbit & Guinea Pig Rescue 0116 2869887 honeybunnysr@aol.com

I know Pets for christmas it just doesnt work...

I do agree but perhaps you could ring your paper and ask if they would think about doing just that. val
    exibitor/rehomer of rabbits Greenwich rabbit rescue
    www.greenwichrabbitrescue.com

http://www.freewebs.com/minisanddwarfs/index.htm

After spotting 5 adverts for free rabbits in the free-ads today I wanted to know if any rescues contact people who advertise rabbits in this way and offer to home them?

I guess most rescues are probably too full and have huge waiting lists to even think about volunteering to take rabbits.

Caz
    RIP My Babies: Fudge, Zeus, Athena, Violet, Cosmos & Pierre!

Quote Originally Posted by Caz
    After spotting 5 adverts for free rabbits in the free-ads today I wanted to know if any recues contact people who advertise rabbits in this way and offer to home them?

I guess most rescues are probably too full and have huge waiting lists to even think about volunteering to take rabbits.

Caz
    I wondered this as our paper is advertising free to good homes for rabbits , and are increasing week by week I have only really noticed since Kathy mentioned that many people are not interested in their buns when the bad weather comes, hense winter is where alot of rescues are at bursting point
    Denny

I've been Boo'd lol

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Denny
    Quote Originally Posted by Caz
    After spotting 5 adverts for free rabbits in the free-ads today I wanted to know if any recues contact people who advertise rabbits in this way and offer to home them?

Caz
    I wondered this as our paper is advertising free to good homes for rabbits
    I wonder what checks they do to make sure the homes are "good"? She says, tongue firmly embedded in cheek
    Jill

Yeah - can't imagine they ask to pop round your house and inspect the accomodation first! Or hand out information packs on how to care for a rabbit!

Maybe they ask if the potential adoptee has any snakes and expect them to answer truthfully!

Caz
    RIP My Babies: Fudge, Zeus, Athena, Violet, Cosmos & Pierre!

Young Bun

grrr i know, its my pet hate. I cant stand seeing rabbits for sale over the christmas period, and even more so over easter!
    Have seen so many advertisements for baby rabbits and nethie dwarfs FREE to a "good home". Im sure their snakes would say thank you if they could!

couldnt agree more... how can anyone breed rabbits, care for them till they are old enough (if they old enough ) to be seperated from their mums and then advertise them knowing they might not be looked after properly, it makes you sick to the stomach doesnt it...
    Newspapers should definatly put a stop to advertising during these months! I'd be terrible at breeding, I'd end up with a lil herd in my garden!