• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking longingly at her porridge

Graciee

Staff member
She makes me melt [emoji38][emoji7]
fd9d789173113282dd60239ea6afbf65.jpg

aaad311419df0197e01622b0a49f1204.jpg

Sent via carrier pigeon

Last edited:
I really really want to boop her nose [emoji38]

man I miss having a hamster :(
[emoji38][emoji38]

She's a little terror [emoji38] and no food is allowed in the food bowl, that's a very important rule in her tank, you put her bowl in with some food, minutes later she's up, standing in the bowl throwing it all on the floor [emoji38]

Idk why, but I thought you had a hammie? :)

Sent via carrier pigeon

[emoji38][emoji38]

She's a little terror [emoji38] and no food is allowed in the food bowl, that's a very important rule in her tank, you put her bowl in with some food, minutes later she's up, standing in the bowl throwing it all on the floor [emoji38]

Idk why, but I thought you had a hammie? :)

Sent via carrier pigeon

awww that sounds adorable though [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

I do, but he’s technically my parents. he’s a robo and very shy.. rescued him so no idea of age and I tried my best to tame him but it didn’t end well. he was unhappy so I let him be really. he comes for treats though which is cute [emoji4]

I have gerbils but they’re hmm.. not quite the same [emoji1787] they’re like little robots in fur. I do love them though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awww that sounds adorable though [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

I do, but he’s technically my parents. he’s a robo and very shy.. rescued him so no idea of age and I tried my best to tame him but it didn’t end well. he was unhappy so I let him be really. he comes for treats though which is cute [emoji4]

I have gerbils but they’re hmm.. not quite the same [emoji1787] they’re like little robots in fur. I do love them though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's exactly the same as cottonball! She's a robo and she always bites etc and I never thought she'd learn to trust me but the other day after owning her for a few months, she let me hold her without biting me, and she now let's me give her treats without lunging at me :) and honestly I had given up I thought the same, just leave her too it etc. Idk a week ago I'd have agreed she was too vicious, but now I'm just thinking she needed a lot of time Idk can't have been easy for her losing her baby either :(

Are gerbils not very friendly? [emoji38] I've never owned any but boyfriend wants some in the future, are they not a lot more friendly? [emoji38] I hope they are.. I don't wanna be scared of gerbils too

Sent via carrier pigeon

That's exactly the same as cottonball! She's a robo and she always bites etc and I never thought she'd learn to trust me but the other day after owning her for a few months, she let me hold her without biting me, and she now let's me give her treats without lunging at me :) and honestly I had given up I thought the same, just leave her too it etc. Idk a week ago I'd have agreed she was too vicious, but now I'm just thinking she needed a lot of time Idk can't have been easy for her losing her baby either :(

Are gerbils not very friendly? [emoji38] I've never owned any but boyfriend wants some in the future, are they not a lot more friendly? [emoji38] I hope they are.. I don't wanna be scared of gerbils too

Sent via carrier pigeon

I've owned 3 pairs of gerbils, and one lone one who I rescued. he wasn't expected to live that long as he had a very bad upper respiratory infection. they continued to pay for his care, but they wanted him to pass in a home environment without stress and where he was loved, and I could devote my attention to him more than they could. he actually eventually died at 2 and half years old which was special, considering we didn't expect him to make it to one.

I really don't think (unless I've been unlucky) that they're more friendly than hamsters. they're often in my experience really called the pet that you can look that can't touch. they're not really the ones to be let out for cuddles very easily. if I get one its a very quick grab, or I trick them into walking into their food bag :lol: they do seem to enjoy their time when they're out, purring, but in the pair one has always been the one who once he's out is excited and happy, and the other is currently looking for death :lol: out of my current pair Wine Gum is more aggressive, be it in or out of the cage. Liquorice loves a good cuddle once hes out, getting him out is the problem. I don't think they're the type to walk on your hand lol.

I guess they're really more of a looky pet. they will come up to see what youre doing, or if you rustle a bag (treats?!) but they're not really..too handleable in my experience.

I've had robbie I think for.. a year now? probably longer actually. I've tried taming him but it just seemed to stress him out a lot so I figured not. is first experience of humans was being dumped, and then being prodded at a vet to be given antibiotics for his wounds and respiratory infection. I guess its fair that he isn't too keen on me :lol:

I've owned 3 pairs of gerbils, and one lone one who I rescued. he wasn't expected to live that long as he had a very bad upper respiratory infection. they continued to pay for his care, but they wanted him to pass in a home environment without stress and where he was loved, and I could devote my attention to him more than they could. he actually eventually died at 2 and half years old which was special, considering we didn't expect him to make it to one.

I really don't think (unless I've been unlucky) that they're more friendly than hamsters. they're often in my experience really called the pet that you can look that can't touch. they're not really the ones to be let out for cuddles very easily. if I get one its a very quick grab, or I trick them into walking into their food bag [emoji38] they do seem to enjoy their time when they're out, purring, but in the pair one has always been the one who once he's out is excited and happy, and the other is currently looking for death [emoji38] out of my current pair Wine Gum is more aggressive, be it in or out of the cage. Liquorice loves a good cuddle once hes out, getting him out is the problem. I don't think they're the type to walk on your hand lol.

I guess they're really more of a looky pet. they will come up to see what youre doing, or if you rustle a bag (treats?!) but they're not really..too handleable in my experience.

I've had robbie I think for.. a year now? probably longer actually. I've tried taming him but it just seemed to stress him out a lot so I figured not. is first experience of humans was being dumped, and then being prodded at a vet to be given antibiotics for his wounds and respiratory infection. I guess its fair that he isn't too keen on me [emoji38]
Ah that's interesting about gerbils, ima show my boyfriend what you wrote because he wanted rats originally, and as much as I love rats, I said I couldn't because I couldn't live with their smell [emoji38] so I suggested a hamster but he really didn't want one because he always saw them as the kinda pet that doesn't want to interact with you etc, so we said no to hamsters too and left it. I said he could get gerbils when we move if he wanted but I wasn't that interested in them, and I said would be nice to give them a lot more space and make a custom home for them if he definitely wanted to get them. That's when we saw Gus though, he needed a home, I fell in love with him instantly and even though he was vicious and hated people and I was scared of him I was also 100% he was meant to come home with us [emoji38] weird really. My boyfriend loves Gus and my boyfriend was the reason we got cottonball and her baby hammie, but he's always said he's suprised how interactive Gus is with me and he never thought hammies could be like that. So it's really interesting that you'd say gerbils are even less easy to handle, might get me out of having 4 gerbils in the future [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Ah yea obviously judge what's best for him :D just what you said really sounded how I felt til the other day about cottonball, I couldn't believe it tbh! Haha :) x

Sent via carrier pigeon

Back