• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

More neuter vibes please (change of date)

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

I didn't expect to be going through this again so soon, but Spud needs a dental, so he's being neutered at the same time.

Originally it was Tuesday, but the vet had to re-schedule.

This little guy is my dd's baby, who lives in her bedroom, it's going to be a long day!

Any vibes much appreciated, thank you x

Thinking of you all today and I hope that Spud gets on OK with his dental and neuter.

Hi all,

I didn't expect to be going through this again so soon, but Spud needs a dental, so he's being neutered at the same time.

Originally it was Tuesday, but the vet had to re-schedule.

This little guy is my dd's baby, who lives in her bedroom, it's going to be a long day!

Any vibes much appreciated, thank you x

Sorry not to have replied before - loads of healing vibes :love:

Thanks everyone.

Don't be sorry, MM, you have an awful lot on your plate.

Spud came through his op really well and he's had one of his back teeth filed, so I hope that's done the trick. He's very drowsy this evening and not really eating for himself but we've given him some Loxicom and Critical Care x

Thanks everyone.

Don't be sorry, MM, you have an awful lot on your plate.

Spud came through his op really well and he's had one of his back teeth filed, so I hope that's done the trick. He's very drowsy this evening and not really eating for himself but we've given him some Loxicom and Critical Care x

I'm very glad that he's home with you recovering. Yes, hopefully once the anaethetic has worn off, he will feel more like eating.

I hope he’s feeling better soon and back to eating, sending lots more vibes xx

Thanks everyone.

He's very grumpy and sleepy and generally hiding away. He is eating though, not very enthusiastically, but we've been offering a variety of things and he's giving them a go.

One thing he isn't doing though is drinking! He's not a big drinker normally anyway, but now he's not interested at all. He has a bowl and a bottle and I've held the bottle for him but to no avail. I tried to syringe him some, but he refused. I have given him lots of veg / herbs soaked in water, so he'll be getting some this way, but it's obviously concerning! x

Sending lots of vibes for him. Is he still on pain relief and any gut meds? I hope he feels better soon xx

Thanks everyone.

He's very grumpy and sleepy and generally hiding away. He is eating though, not very enthusiastically, but we've been offering a variety of things and he's giving them a go.

One thing he isn't doing though is drinking! He's not a big drinker normally anyway, but now he's not interested at all. He has a bowl and a bottle and I've held the bottle for him but to no avail. I tried to syringe him some, but he refused. I have given him lots of veg / herbs soaked in water, so he'll be getting some this way, but it's obviously concerning! x

Overnight vibes coming over .. I hope he feels better by tomorrow morning x

Thanks everyone.

He was probably pumped full of fluids during and after his GA, so he probably does not feel thirsty at the moment. You are getting some fluids into him via the soaked veg and herbs, so I would not worry too much about him not drinking water at this stage.

Hope he has improved more overnight and that he'll soon be back to normal xx

Sending you and your little guy some vibes for a full recovery.
If your bunny peeing? If so, it is likely like Jane said that he got fluids during his procedure.

Thanks for the replies.

He's just been having Loxicom, Zoobec.

I'm pleased to say he's been doing better today, he'd eaten his pellets overnight and has been eating much better today. He also polished off a bowl of parsley no problem and has been moving around much more.

He came up to the gate to see me this morning, rather than just sitting in his litter tray :) x

Thanks for the replies.

I'm pleased to say he's been doing better today, he'd eaten his pellets overnight and has been eating much better today. He also polished off a bowl of parsley no problem and has been moving around much more.

He came up to the gate to see me this morning, rather than just sitting in his litter tray :) x

So good to hear :)

Thanks for the replies.

Good news :D

Now you need to explain to him where his missing plums have gone ! :shock:

Back