• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing carrot tops

Mervinius

Mama Doe
We've bought a bunch of carrots and they have lovely looking green leafy tops. The buns have had them before but it was about two years ago, before Pip got sick..

I'm slowly reintroducing stuff. But not sure how much to try them with tonight. One leaf frond between them. They are only teeny nethies? Or just a tiny amount?

Hmmm I've never had the blessings of a Nethie but I would probably have a little little bit today and then again tomorrow and increase? Mine love carrots tops and no issues to report

Bon appetite Parchie

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Hmmm I've never had the blessings of a Nethie but I would probably have a little little bit today and then again tomorrow and increase? Mine love carrots tops and no issues to report

Bon appetite Parchie

I asked my OH to get them some and he just brought the biggest handful in. Typical. I got him to only give half that. Pip is ploughing her way through the pile. Archie has had 1, so just removed the rest so Pip doesn't demolish the lot. Hahaha.

I asked my OH to get them some and he just brought the biggest handful in. Typical. I got him to only give half that. Pip is ploughing her way through the pile. Archie has had 1, so just removed the rest so Pip doesn't demolish the lot. Hahaha.
Haha I'm sure that's fine. I'm the healthy and safety risk assessor, everything is a hazard. I gave Dennis a large freshly foraged apple stick and he ate most of it in around 30 seconds. I was shook

Haha I'm sure that's fine. I'm the healthy and safety risk assessor, everything is a hazard. I gave Dennis a large freshly foraged apple stick and he ate most of it in around 30 seconds. I was shook

They are amazingly quick at eating food aren't they. I don't know how it disappears so fast

If you don't want to store the carrots with the tops on you can put a little water in a glass and stand the cut-off tops in it :) Or if you suddenly need to use the carrots :)

Mine take 2mins to demolish two large compressed handfuls of fresh forage, so maybe 500g?

If you don't want to store the carrots with the tops on you can put a little water in a glass and stand the cut-off tops in it :) Or if you suddenly need to use the carrots :)

Mine take 2mins to demolish two large compressed handfuls of fresh forage, so maybe 500g?
My buns only weigh 900g. Don't think they could eat that much. Hahaha. Good idea for storing the carrot tops though. Mine have gone all limp already :-(

Each rabbit is different.

A lot of rabbits like Banana's, but mine had one once and his **** exploded. Banana's now scare him.

He's recently had green beans and absolutely loves them, but too many hurt his tummy, so we have to restrict the amount he gets.

When it comes to new things, I usually find out whether a vegetable is safe for my bunny then gradually introduce it with his main staple of Kale.

Last edited:
My buns only weigh 900g. Don't think they could eat that much. Hahaha. Good idea for storing the carrot tops though. Mine have gone all limp already :-(

Wow! they are diddy - in the nicest possible way. I only say this because Henry nethie was at the vet on Wednesday for a 6 month check (part of the pet plan thing) and he got the all clear from the vet following the leg and eye issues he had earlier in the year, but when he was weighed, he was 2kg on wednesday so he's a bit of a unit compared to your two gorgeous adorable buns. I darent weigh Lillian - and dread taking her to the vet cause she is a big unit and almost certainly over 4kg.
And in answer to the question about carrot tops - mine love them but they do give Lillian a runny tummy so they're off the menu for mine.

Back