• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oxbow "Support" Supplements

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
I've noticed a fair few people use these (myself included) and thought it could be a good idea to have a thread to focus on what's being used, what benefits people perceive in seeing (or not), best offers and places to buy etc.

Ones I'm aware of -

JOINT SUPPORT

DIGESTIVE SUPPORT

URINARY SUPPORT

SKIN & COAT

IMMUNE SUPPORT.

If I've missed any, please let me know. I'd also like to add ingredients and percentages of the specific "beneficial" additions to the supplement, but that may take me a little while.

I've personally used both "Joint Support" and "Digestive Support".

My beautiful bridge girl Elphie adored her Joint Support; it was the only way we could get her Tramadol in her. Fabala now has the Digestive Support and I think it has made a world of difference. Between that and her weight loss, her bottom is a lot cleaner and she hasn't had any of the problems I was informed about prior to her adoption.

tried joint support for Luna - her verdict was to take it, pee on it, and then later on pee in the bag they were in! a very kind RU member sent me some to try, Luna wasn't interested :lol: I might be tempted to try them again as I know some people crush them up and then hide it in some baby food, which Luna would never deny. I'm not sure if that would remove the benefit though?

I wish I had known about these when Snoopy was around..digestive support may have been some help for him :( then again I'll never know.

what would coat support be used for? how helpful would it be for a bunny that has a damaged coat for excessive bathing?

I used joint support for my elderly bunny Izzy. I feel like it helped but it’s hard to tell. My younger rabbit Beans kept trying to eat them and he was quite young (the box said something like shouldn’t be fed to a rabbit under 6 months) so I bought him the oxbow multivitamin and he had that whilst Izzy had hers. I was on viovet this morning and I saw these and I’ve been thinking about trying some again, none of my rabbits have any specific problems but I wondered about just as some more support but I wouldn’t know which one to use.

I decided to try the joint support for my head tilt bun, he's still youngish at 4 years old but he likes eating them and his mobility has improved (although he also has physio so it might be a placebo effect!). I tend to shop around for the cheapest price, ebay seems to be pretty good.

tried joint support for Luna - her verdict was to take it, pee on it, and then later on pee in the bag they were in! a very kind RU member sent me some to try, Luna wasn't interested :lol: I might be tempted to try them again as I know some people crush them up and then hide it in some baby food, which Luna would never deny. I'm not sure if that would remove the benefit though?

I wish I had known about these when Snoopy was around..digestive support may have been some help for him :( then again I'll never know.

what would coat support be used for? how helpful would it be for a bunny that has a damaged coat for excessive bathing?

I'm guessing recovery from skin conditions, especially if they appeared to have a predisposition to picking these things up. Or recovery post something like nodular Myxi?

You'd never know unless you tried. But I doubt she'd like them if she doesn't like the JS ones. The ingredients in the JS and DS are based fairly similar.

I've noticed a fair few people use these (myself included) and thought it could be a good idea to have a thread to focus on what's being used, what benefits people perceive in seeing (or not), best offers and places to buy etc.

Ones I'm aware of -

JOINT SUPPORT

DIGESTIVE SUPPORT

URINARY SUPPORT

SKIN & COAT

IMMUNE SUPPORT.

If I've missed any, please let me know. I'd also like to add ingredients and percentages of the specific "beneficial" additions to the supplement, but that may take me a little while.

I've personally used both "Joint Support" and "Digestive Support".

My beautiful bridge girl Elphie adored her Joint Support; it was the only way we could get her Tramadol in her. Fabala now has the Digestive Support and I think it has made a world of difference. Between that and her weight loss, her bottom is a lot cleaner and she hasn't had any of the problems I was informed about prior to her adoption.
Have you noticed if the urinary support works? Im trying it for my bunny who has one kidney that works at about 75%

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bumping this thread up. I've ordered the joint supplement and multivitamin ones to try. I read in the rwaf magazine to be careful with supplements as may give bunny too much calcium so will check when they arrive..I have ordered them from Viovet

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Not oxbow but I was on hop 2 forage and they gave remedy mixes for senior buns, pregnant buns, respiratory etc if that would interest anyone. I think i ordered senior bun and immune to try

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back