• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is your rabbits favourite food

Zoobec

Staff member
I need to find things that Frosty will find irresistible to get him eating properly again following his dental. His usual favourites of banana and broccoli aren’t working, he’s eating pellets and nibbling on hay and Readigrass, but I thought it would be helpful if people could give me inspiration as to what would be best to try :wave:

Plantain, willow, apple leafs

Have you tried a selection of fresh herbs?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Plantain, willow, apple leafs

Have you tried a selection of fresh herbs?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thanks :love: He likes fresh plantain,but not dried. I’m going to see if I can find some more today. I’ll try and get willow, I’ve tried thyme, sage and rosemary from the herb bed but he wouldn’t eat that. I’ve got a crabapple tree so I’ll see if there are any leaves left on that.

strawberries - the fruit & the whole plant :cry:
parsley
apple
apple leaves
broccoli (the stalk of it)
carrot

Joey goes nuts for the the outside leaves of a cauli. Coriander, parsley. Dill is supposed to be good - mine love all herbs. I hope Frosty gets his appetite back soon

Dandelions. When Gilbert had his incisors out he only stopped eating while actually unconscious so I didn't have to work hard but he can't get enough of herb Robert.

These are really good ideas thanks:love:

Sorry about your strawberry plants though Mikek!

I’ve tried him on some of these, I grated an outside leaf of a cauliflower but he didn’t want it. It’s like a rabbit restaurant in his room, with him turning dishes away left right and centre! He’s seeming to want to eat a bit of something and then move on to something else.

Ours love fresh herbs, coriander and dill are top of the list with basil and parsley a close second!

They are very odd and won’t touch any fruit.. but do like carrot tops and the odd broccoli!

Topping up the vibes for frosty and hope his appetite picks up soon xx

Ours love fresh herbs, coriander and dill are top of the list with basil and parsley a close second!

They are very odd and won’t touch any fruit.. but do like carrot tops and the odd broccoli!

Topping up the vibes for frosty and hope his appetite picks up soon xx

Thankyou:love: I’m using this thread to make a shopping list:thumb:

When mine have had this, I've found that they would only eat things that they would normally eat, so anything that I made into a puree was very much rejected and also any new flavours got the same response.

So herbs were popular, especially Parsley and Coriander, fresh grass and also Dandelions and Kale.

Thankyou for the vibes and suggestions of foods, I did a bunny food shop and he’s had a couple of stalks of Parsley
Coriander Dill Basil and Mint, some strawberry, some grated apple. He didn’t seem to like the look of it and retired to his tower but I decided I’d try to tempt him. So he had room service, hand bruised herbs waved under his nose and he ate quite a lot.

He’s eaten a handful of hay, some pellets, 2 fibafirst sticks and some dandelion leaves this morning.

Once again thanks to each and everyone of you for all your vibes and advice:love:

I find it funny, Billy loves banana, Poppy hates banana. Poppy loves strawberries, Billy hates strawberries. They both LOVE nibblots - that's our illness barometer - they go off nibblots, we know there's something up!

Back