• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Honking

Hi!
My bunny Ralph is a neutered male and has started mounting and honking my female bun, the behaviour started last Sunday when we put a new living quarter in, is this normal behaviour while he is getting used to his new pad?
The last time he did this was last year when Norma had E.C and had to be kept away and when they went to live back together he did it for a few days.

Thanks

My buns are both neutered and spayed.

Every now and then Archie decides it's time to circle Pip and honk. I love it, it's an adorable sound. I presume it's just a part of their bonding and hieracy.

If you've given them more space, he's probably just telling her it's his. Is he top bun?

Yeah she’s been spayed since 7 months old and she’s nearly 4 now.
Honking is a little noise they make like a little honk haha!

I have a feeling it could possibly be that they have a new home and loads more space and he’s making sure she knows he is the boss it literally started the day they the new space! He seems to be calming a down a bit with it now so hopefully will be out of his system soon!

I have a feeling it could possibly be that they have a new home and loads more space and he’s making sure she knows he is the boss it literally started the day they the new space! He seems to be calming a down a bit with it now so hopefully will be out of his system soon!

I think you are right, he's just claiming the new home. He'll calm down soon.

Yes, it does sound like bossiness, then. He needs a good talking to. Don't know why some of these boys see the need to puff out their chests like a pouter pigeon and honk to prove they are in charge. (We all know, anyway, that Norma is really in charge; she just lets him think he is).

Haha yes this is true! She’s the boss of this house even my dog and car keep clear of her haha!

I hope he deflated his little chest soon as it’s getting boring now haha!

I’m not really sure to be honest a I always thought Norma was the top bun! He’s still at it though not as bad but I think he’s moulting too

I’m not really sure to be honest a I always thought Norma was the top bun! He’s still at it though not as bad but I think he’s moulting too
Yes Pip isn't top bun. But every now and then Archie decides it's time to honk and circle pip. Funny creatures they are. HAha

checked on yt.

hilarious! wish my bunnies honked :lol:

No you don't, it usually means you're going to have to get up and pull one bunny off the other - and it's always when you just got comfy :lol:

The issue is definitely due to the new environment - every time you put them in a new environment, he has to prove he's also top bun in that space.

Back