• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cctv cameras for outdoor bunnies?

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
Anyone got any cameras for their outdoor bunnies.

Mine are due to move from their garage into the aviary shortly and I want to be able to spy on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you got electricity to the aviary? I’ve got a WiFi camera in the goat shed, we’ve got a WiFi extender in the house and the camera is plugged in in the goat shed. It’s an Eye4 camera.

Really hoping somebody can recommend a wifi camera I can move around my outdoor sheds or hedgehog feeding area which I can see on my phone without having to deal with electric wires. There are loads of these online but I have no idea what would be simple enough for me!

Really hoping somebody can recommend a wifi camera I can move around my outdoor sheds or hedgehog feeding area which I can see on my phone without having to deal with electric wires. There are loads of these online but I have no idea what would be simple enough for me!
I think the thing is, one you'd need power for the camera anyway, unless you're gunna use one of those rechargeable ones? Up to you. Secondly WiFi, as good as it is, it's still pretty weak on most standard routers, they just don't have the range, Idk where in the garden this would be (how far from your house it is) but you may not get a stable connection, which may make it pointless. The best would be over ethernet as nice a reliable. I think WiFi cams can work if attached to your house but that's about it. (if you have very good signal all over your house)

I can suggest some, but I don't think you'll get a reliable connection or great quality.

There's a load of variables here.

Hope you figure out what you want :)

Sent via carrier pigeon

If you don't want a wire, one thing you can do is to use an old mobile phone.
Download an IP Webcam app and then find a guide online on how to set it up and access it from your other devices.

If you don't want a wire, one thing you can do is to use an old mobile phone.
Download an IP Webcam app and then find a guide online on how to set it up and access it from your other devices.

Sounds interesting - I'll look into it although truthfully my mobiles dont usually survive as long as my next contract so don't have old ones which work!

Graciee most of the sheds are right beside this house. However sounds like the technology hasn't really developed fully to give me what I want. Hopefully it'll appear before long - I can't be the only person who wants a mobile security camera!
Thank you for your help

Sounds interesting - I'll look into it although truthfully my mobiles dont usually survive as long as my next contract so don't have old ones which work!

Graciee most of the sheds are right beside this house. However sounds like the technology hasn't really developed fully to give me what I want. Hopefully it'll appear before long - I can't be the only person who wants a mobile security camera!
Thank you for your help
The tech exists, its just deciding which type and what you wanna do etc :)

Sent via carrier pigeon

Back