• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Neuter vibes for my tiny dude, please.

Thanks JJ, everything appears normal in that respect so idk.

No, I don't think they did check his teeth, I'm thinking now I should have asked :? You would think it would be routine to have a look while they are under! x

I don't think our Vets routinely check their teeth unless you specifically ask them to. Did he refuse pellets when he came home or is it just after being put outside?

No, I don't think they did check his teeth, I'm thinking now I should have asked :? You would think it would be routine to have a look while they are under! x

My Vet always does, but this may not be something all Vets may do.

The pellet feed he is refusing is not from a newly opened bag is it ? As long as Loki's output remains good and he seems fine within himself I would not be too worried at this stage. I would weigh him every couple of days just to be sure he is not losing weight and perhaps give the Vet a call tomorrow to let him/her know about the change in eating habits.

Thank you both.

He was eating less of them when he came home, Tb, but as he was happily eating his veg and hay, I just thought it was temporary after his op. Now he isn't eating them at all.

I have just started a new bag, JJ, but only in the last day or two, not right from when he came home.

I have just brought in some ready grass type feed and I'm trying him with that and I'll try grass too. Good idea about checking his weight, thanks x

I'm feeling much better about him this evening.

At some point in the afternoon he's finished all the pellets from before and he started on his veggies as soon as I put them in. I don't think he'd eaten much of the 'ready grass' tho. I also decided (rightly or wrongly) to give him a few pellets of another brand I have and he did start tucking into those x

I'm feeling much better about him this evening.

At some point in the afternoon he's finished all the pellets from before and he started on his veggies as soon as I put them in. I don't think he'd eaten much of the 'ready grass' tho. I also decided (rightly or wrongly) to give him a few pellets of another brand I have and he did start tucking into those x

That is what I would have done, glad he decided to try the new pellets and is eating them . Hope he will stop worrying you now !!

My vet doesn't automatically check the teeth, as it requires a different procedure.
I have to try and remember to say!

Sending vibes that all will be well with him xx

Thank you :)

He seems back to normal now with his eating and there's plenty of poos. I think he was just trying to scare me! x

Back