• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Neuter vibes for my tiny dude, please.

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all

Have dropped little Loki off this morning. I feel evil putting him through it, but I want to bond him.

Any vibes appreciated, thank you x

Thanks everyone.

He's home and doing well. Everything went to plan, now to just get him eating, drinking and pooping...

Oh and guess what... I have to go through it all again next week with Spud. His eating has slowed so much and I suspected he needed a dental, so while he's under they'll neuter him! x

Thanks everyone.

He's home and doing well. Everything went to plan, now to just get him eating, drinking and pooping...

Oh and guess what... I have to go through it all again next week with Spud. His eating has slowed so much and I suspected he needed a dental, so while he's under they'll neuter him! x

I'm glad that Loki's op' went well and I hope that he'll be fully recovered very soon xx

I’m so glad that Loki is home and recovering:thumb: fingers crossed it all goes well for Spud :thumb: if he is needing a dental cab they fit him in before next week?

I’m so glad that Loki is home and recovering:thumb: fingers crossed it all goes well for Spud :thumb: if he is needing a dental cab they fit him in before next week?

Thanks. Yes, I think so. They're going to get back to me because I've asked for a particular vet to do it. Fortunately he's still eating everything, just much more slowly.

Thanks JJ.

x

Thanks. Yes, I think so. They're going to get back to me because I've asked for a particular vet to do it. Fortunately he's still eating everything, just much more slowly.

Thanks JJ.

x

That sounds good. Sending more vibes to them both xx

Thanks Zoobec. Spud is now booked in for Tuesday.

Loki is doing well and doing all the good stuff. He's been inside since I brought him home yesterday, will he be ok to go back out? Thanks x

Thanks Zoobec. Spud is now booked in for Tuesday.

Loki is doing well and doing all the good stuff. He's been inside since I brought him home yesterday, will he be ok to go back out? Thanks x

That’s good news :thumb: has Loki been inside in a central heated room or have you managed to keep the area cool ? If he’s been inside in a temperature not to different to outside he should be ok I would think, if the vet is happy for him to go out. Do you have a snuggle safe or any heat source in his shed, or a place that is good for him to be cosy in?

I don’t know what the weather forecast is however!

That’s good news :thumb: has Loki been inside in a central heated room or have you managed to keep the area cool ? If he’s been inside in a temperature not to different to outside he should be ok I would think, if the vet is happy for him to go out. Do you have a snuggle safe or any heat source in his shed, or a place that is good for him to be cosy in?

I don’t know what the weather forecast is however!

I agree, if he's been in a cool room & the vet is ok with it, I'd pop him back out with a snuggle safe if you have one & a cardboard box stuffed with hay that he can snuggle into if he wants to.

If he's been in a warm, centrally heated room, I would turn the heating off and open the window slightly to gradually acclimatise him to the outdoor weather overnight & pop him outside in the morning so it isn't too much of a temperature change for him.

Either way it might be better to wait until morning as the temperature can drop considerably overnight.

Thank you. He's in our lounge which is very warm, so we'll keep him in again tonight and then make his shed super cosy tomorrow day time.

I'm so pleased with how he's doing and I've had a quick look and it's all looking perfect x

Brilliant news about Loki :D I hope that you manage to get Spud sorted out with his dental and his neuter.

Thank you. He's in our lounge which is very warm, so we'll keep him in again tonight and then make his shed super cosy tomorrow day time.

I'm so pleased with how he's doing and I've had a quick look and it's all looking perfect x
So glad :D xx

Sent via carrier pigeon

Thanks Zoobec.

Does anyone know why Loki might be avoiding his pellets?

He'll eat veggies straight away and he is eating hay! He seems fine in himself after his op x

Thanks Zoobec.

Does anyone know why Loki might be avoiding his pellets?

He'll eat veggies straight away and he is eating hay! He seems fine in himself after his op x

Is his output normal or are his poos very small ? Gut slow down can sometimes mean a Bunny will go off pellet food.

Did the Vet check his teeth during the GA ?

Back