• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please can Frosty have some vibes? U/d almost back to normal:)

Hope you got a shift on and are now back home with Frosty. x

:thumb: yes, just got him in and settled :love: the vet said his spurs had caused 2 quite large ulcers one either side of his tongue that were too far back to see whilst he was conscious, so our poor boy must have been in pain, I’ve got metacam to give him for a week whilst they heal. She said he wasn’t stressed whilst he was there, and he was bright and alert, and digging around, I think it’s the car journey that must stress him the most, because he’s a bit quiet again now.

I’ve set out a buffet of butternut squash purée, pellet mush and some grass and dandelion leaves in his tower with him, and left him to settle for a bit. Hopefully he will be eating soon :thumb:

yay for little Frosty, always nice to have them safely back home. Is he looking perky?

Yes, but he’s also looking annoyed at all the upheaval :lol: he’s certainly bright and alert. I’m hoping he will be eating soon, because he really hates syringe feeding!

Sending him lots of vibes for his poorly mouth. I hope he starts eating his goodies soon.

Thankyou everyone, I really appreciate all the support :love: he’s just come out of his tower and done a little pile of normal but dark poops, and then he’s started wolfing in to his grass, plantain and dandelion leaves, and herbs :thumb: he’s got 5 bowls to tempt him :lol: butternut squash purée, dried plantain, crushed and whole fibafirst sticks, pellets, and pellet mush. And his pile of greens is on the floor!

Team Zoobec and Frosty.:love:

I like that :love: I’m really happy with how he’s doing, he’s lively and bouncy, not eating hay yet, and eating more when I go and push something under his nose, but you’d hardly believe he’d had a GA. Since earlier he’s eaten some pellet mush with finely chopped banana, finely chopped broccoli stalk, and he’s pooped and weed too.

Sorry this reads a bit like a diary overload :oops: but I think he’s going to need regular dentals and this will be useful for me to read back next time :thumb:

It’s been 8 months since the last dental and he’s been eating lots more hay since, the vet suggested 6 monthly checkups to keep an eye on him, although his boosters are due in March so he can have his next check up then.

Hope Mr F has produced a mountain of poo overnight and that he's continuing to eat more and more. Adding some extra vibes incase they are needed :love:

Back