• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please can Frosty have some vibes? U/d almost back to normal:)

Zoobec

Staff member
He needs another dental :cry: I noticed his hay eating had reduced very slightly yesterday and today he’s only eaten pellets, grass, fibrefirst and herbs, hardly any hay, so I took him straight to the vets and he’s been given metacam and emeprid. He’s got a small spur both sides.

He’s back home now, he was stressed at the vets and he’s still looking stressed now, but I’m hoping once the meds kick in he will start eating again, otherwise I’ll have to start syringe feeding.

Dropping him off in the morning for his dental.

Last edited:
Oh Frosty, pesky rotten teeth :(

I hope that he starts eating again soon and continues until you have to drop him off tomorrow.

Also sending loads of vibes for his dental tomorrow.

Thankyou:love: I’ve just been down to give him room service in his tower, he ignored the butternut squash purée but thankfully he’s just started tucking into pellets :thumb:

Thanks everyone:love: he’s acting more normally now and he’s eaten some pellets, some pellet mush and some butternut squash purée, and best yet he’s just started digging his hay and eating it :thumb:

Oh no sorry to hear this, bunnies and their flippin teeth :roll: hope all goes well for little Frosty xxx

Thanks once again for all the vibes. He’s very bright and bouncy in himself now the meds have kicked in and the stress of visiting the vet has been forgotten, and eating he’s bits of everything, including hay now. I’m relieved I’ve not got to syringe feed him because it really stresses him out!

Thanks once again for all the vibes. He’s very bright and bouncy in himself now the meds have kicked in and the stress of visiting the vet has been forgotten, and eating he’s bits of everything, including hay now. I’m relieved I’ve not got to syringe feed him because it really stresses him out!
Awh hoping this continues til the morning :)

Hugs and vibes, I hope it goes well tomorrow xxx

Sent via carrier pigeon

Poor Frosty :( Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I hope his dental goes okay and that he'll be back to himself a.s.a.p.
Bunny teeth...yikes...I've not forgotten the stress of dental bunnies...such a worry. I'm a bit jealous of the butternut squash puree though...sounds yum! xxxx

Sending zillions of vibes for Mr F :love: I hope he will soon be home and back to full on hay munching. My Bunnies have asked me to let Mr F know that it is now the Law that all Bunnies are given lots of tasty treats after any surgical procedure. It is also now customary for all Bunnies to wee on or nip (preferably both :p )the pesky Vet !

Back