• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where to get Hay from?

BillyBun

New Kit
Anybody living in the UK, where do you get your hay from? Pet shop hay is short and expensive and I would like to get some better quality hay but I don't know where from!

Equestrian suppliers - horse people only buy decent hay. A bale is about £6 and will fit in a 240 litre wheely bin. Take an old single duvet cover to transport it in and save the mess in your car. Often you can get other pet stuff cheaper there as well, although it does tend to be in bulk.

My bunny Frosty’s favourites include sweet green hay and five a day hay from nature’s own, burns green oat hay, nature’s touch wild hay and oxbow orchard grass. He likes alfalfa king Timothy hay too, but he loves the others equally I would say. He’s also tried Timothy hay.co.uk Timothy hay and really liked that.

I order my hay from dustfreehay google them. They are really good, proper hay not soft and fluffy they love it. Great for teeth and they do a variety. Sometimes i get a selection of boxed hays from them or one big buy of one type. Love the quality!

I get timothy hay from timothyhay.co.uk, meadow hay from Hay Box and Nature's Own, and the odd bag of something different or readigrass from The Hayexperts :wave:

I get mine in farm bales, either from a local farm or lately I've been tagging 10 bales onto my friends order for her horses.

Super hay and green oat hay or western timothy hay from time for paws.
timothy hay from timothy hay uk or small pet select

also recommend hay and straw co uk and the hay experts

Back