• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could this work?

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

I've seen a beautiful doe in rescue who is already spayed and vaccinated and ready for a new home.

I have the space and a lovely single boy who could do with some company.

The only snag, he's not neutered - yet!

Might a rescue consider us? Our boy is getting done imminently and in the meantime the shed is divided down the centre!

I don't want to wait weeks for him to have some company.

Thanks x

I would contact them and tell them you are interested, and see what they say. Do you have somewhere neutral for bonding after he’s neutered?

Thanks Zoobec, I'm really tempted, but don't want to sound like an idiot if it's a stupid idea.

Yes, I've got a playhouse that's sitting empty x

Hi all,

I've seen a beautiful doe in rescue who is already spayed and vaccinated and ready for a new home.

I have the space and a lovely single boy who could do with some company.

The only snag, he's not neutered - yet!

Might a rescue consider us? Our boy is getting done imminently and in the meantime the shed is divided down the centre!

I don't want to wait weeks for him to have some company.

Thanks x

Explain the situation to the Rescue and see what they say. If they refuse, it wasn't meant to be!

When I'm bonding males I tend to leave 8 weeks after neutering before I attempt.
With a male and female it might not need to be so long - see what they say :)

I would contact them and tell them you are interested, and see what they say. Do you have somewhere neutral for bonding after he’s neutered?

I agree with Zoobec's advice. But I'd also want to have quarantine facilities available for if you do adopt the Doe. Vaccinated or not I would always quarantine a new intake for 2 weeks and make sure I carried out enhanced biosecurity regarding the husbandry of the Rabbits I already have x

Back