• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any mats or rugs?

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Has anyone found any mats or rugs that work well in their indoor bunny set ups?

They don't need to be waterproof as such, as they are reliable with their trays, but ideally they could be washed in the washing machine.

Essentially I want to protect areas of the carpet and make the room look cosy and comfortable.

Thanks x

Hello, we use IBSTED Rug, low pile from IKEA £12.
Great price and has stood up well to the occasional nibble ! :)

Not mats or rugs as such but I do have homemade blankets on the floor. I used wadding and old duvet covers. It's quite easy, just slip the wadding in, sew to the right size and chop the rest off.

Hi all,

Has anyone found any mats or rugs that work well in their indoor bunny set ups?

They don't need to be waterproof as such, as they are reliable with their trays, but ideally they could be washed in the washing machine.

Essentially I want to protect areas of the carpet and make the room look cosy and comfortable.

Thanks x

I got a pile of different sized thin mats from Ikea years ago and they are still going strong.

I use rag rugs, you can get them in all sorts of places, I got mine from Amazon. I like them as I can sweep them with a dustpan and brush, hoover them and stick them in the machine if need be.

I use hug rugs that I had already and added a couple of the non slip door mats you can get for only a few pounds at the range :)
I have put down our big car boot mat as well, very heavy rubber, much to other half’s annoyance, lol

Thanks for the ideas :)

I should have mentioned it's also a bedroom, so I don't want it looking too much like a hutch, fat chance :lol: x

If you go to a local carpet shop, they will sell off-cuts and roll-ends of carpet where you can get some really comfy carpet bits.
My local one also sell old carpet sample tiles, and I use these as rabbit mats.

We just have a large piece of fleece that I got cut at the fabric shop. We have two so one can be in the wash and one in their pen.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've ordered a couple of rag rugs (thanks Orenoko :)) as they seem like really good value x

Thanks loopy :)

The rag rugs arrived and they are beautiful, I love them so much. A bit too much to have them destroyed by rabbits, but nevermind :) x

Thanks loopy :)

The rag rugs arrived and they are beautiful, I love them so much. A bit too much to have them destroyed by rabbits, but nevermind :) x

The rag rugs sound lovely, how are they standing up to the bunnies? Which rugs did you end up getting?

The rag rugs sound lovely, how are they standing up to the bunnies? Which rugs did you end up getting?

I'll take a pic today. I got them from Amazon, they were really good value around £12.99 for the larger one and a smaller one for £7.00, but there were lots of sizes to choose from.

Jesters a bit of a pain and keeps pulling them up and every time I put them back he does it again. So far any threads I've been able to poke back in! x

I'll take a pic today. I got them from Amazon, they were really good value around £12.99 for the larger one and a smaller one for £7.00, but there were lots of sizes to choose from.

Jesters a bit of a pain and keeps pulling them up and every time I put them back he does it again. So far any threads I've been able to poke back in! x

https://i.imgur.com/mApwBMY.jpg

I'd say it looks more vibrant in rl. This is the smaller one x

It’s lovely :love: thankyou for sharing :thumb: I missed this yesterday :oops:

Back