• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much do your buns play?

Orenoko

Mama Doe
Pretty much as the title suggests, just wondering how much people's buns play? Are some breeds more playful than others? I used to have a bunny who had to be constantly entertained, she would run off with socks, pencils, paper, anything she could get her paws on!

Lilac and Teddy aren't massively playful. They mostly groom each other or just loaf about. They're not interested in any plastic/wooden/cuddle toys and I feel bad as they've worked out how to get all the food out of a toilet roll tube now! They do like ripping up card as well but that's about it. They mainly like to play if it involves food. I don't think they're bored or they'd get up to no good so I guess this is just their personality.

Frosty doesn’t play with toys really, but he loves to jump on and off things, and dig at stuff. He’s got a cat play thing with 2 houses on legs, he loves to jump in those and on top of them. He’s very active :D

Maybe I just ended up with two naturally lazy(ish) buns!

My bridge house bunny, Boots was a lot more sedate. He’d much prefer to be snuggled up cuddling than leaping about :lol: other rabbits I’ve had have varied a lot. My wildie cross pair were very active bunnies, as were the lion head girls who were the other half of the quad. Others have been somewhere in the middle.

My buns don't play with toys, but they do love to play a lot of the time. They are definitely not lazy buns. Haha.

They love zoomies & binkies at full speed to show off their fast moves. They pause in front of us until we congratulate them haha.

They like smoothing their squares

Playing in their cardboard castle

Sprinting on the sofa

Jumping on our backs

Running under us when we make human tunnels

Chasing each other

Archie loves to play Chase with my OH. He has to chase Archie on all fours. Archie jumps around in front of him waggling his ears in excitement. It's adorable and funny.

Basically not much resting gets done here. Lol

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I think mine are too old for play now :lol: Though I've never really found any of my bunnies did that much playing as such, except perhaps for Nutmeg on occasion.

never really seen any of mine playing.
investigating, yes
eating, yes
that's about it.

My velvet buns play with stuff, chew and destroy things, other two not so much..

Atticus likes this ball with a bell in it, he knocks it around with his nose? Idek it's kinda annoying when he does it in the lounge [emoji38]

Sent via carrier pigeon

Not much, but sometimes one will have a go at throwing something they didn't need to throw (as in they went out of their way to do it, rather than throw something out of their way!), one of their bell-balls or a flowerpot. Binkying around like loonies is about as good as it gets! Usually they're interested by food that's challenging (the other side of sticks, brambles on the run roof, etc.). But they do think it's a game if we try and get them in off the lawn before sunset, and many times after! XD

Honey never plays, she just hops around and sits :/ I'm gonna get more entertainment for her soon. But Ume constantly runs all over my bed and hops up on my face and waits for pets. They're polar opposites tbh

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

My little Pepper keeps herself very busy; she has to make the bed (mine is never good enough for madam), jump on furniture, chew cardbord, chew balls, investigate noises or new things... She bullies soft toys too :D I once found one with its head in her drinking bowl!

Bertie is medium-active. Give him the right toy and it’s fun :D

Teddy prefers to snooze and cuddle, but have occasional moments when he likes to rip up cardboard, bully soft toys or dig blankets. :D

My two aren’t really game players to be honest.
Like a few others have said chucking items in the way (we call Truffle the Hulk lol!) or binkies is about it.

They enjoy games I create or have bought that are food based and are more cognitive games.....again Truffle isn’t a thinker and just chucks those to haha!! Luther likes to work it out though.
The only other thing they are interested in interacting with is cardboard boxes or cardboard cat scratchers.

Luther was partial to getting one of our cats to “chase” him by excitedly running back and forth past him, super cute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We has:

Binkies
Zooms
Maple syrup smoothies
Exploring
Climbing
Digging or borrowing
Follow the leader
Foraging
Jumping off things

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk