• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

6 monthly or annually for RHD2?

MightyMax

Banned
This is the advice given by the RWAF

What dose regime is suggested?

Standard advice with immunological products not licensed for simultaneous administration is to space them out by at least 2 weeks, and this is the regime we advise with both vaccines.

The duration of immunity for Filavac has been established at at least 12 months, in laboratory conditions in healthy rabbits.

The manufacturer’s advice is to administer a single dose of the vaccine, followed by annual boosters in low risk situations, and 6 monthly in the case of breeding does at high risk. In the UK, I would suggest that high risk situations include rescue centres and breeders, unless they have a strict quarantine policy, and those rabbits which have greater contact with wild rabbits, as well as any geographical location where cases have been reported recently. All other rabbits are likely to fall into the lower risk category, requiring annual re-vaccination. The duration of immunity has not been confirmed in the case of Eravac, but this is expected to be updated shortly.

My post-note: ** Eravac has since been confirmed as 9 months duration of immunity and protects against RHD2 only**

I keep this thread updated with all the cases I know of, so that members of RU can be aware of cases in their locality and discuss appropriate vaccination regimes with their vets.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...-November-2018&p=7057607&posted=1#post7057607

Back