• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toileting.

slob1231

Warren Scout
Hi everyone, so i need some advice about Coco and toileting! He has a litter tray which he quite happily uses, but my problem is he sits so far back that he urinates outside his cage to underneath [emoji21] he's obviously a house rabbit and today i can smell it really strong [emoji2961] I've tried moving it but he'll sit up against the cage either way its really stressing me out now, i bought some of the blue plastic stuff for under his cage but it still goes under there is gross. Someone please advise me. I've sprayed white vinegar and it still stinks!!!

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

You need to get a high-sided litter tray. Is there room for an under-bed storage box?

This :thumb: the cat litter or those corner trays are too small for most rabbits, under bed storage boxes are brilliant :thumb:

Thanks guys! I'll get one today at some point, its not too bad to start off with but he's getting bigger now and he likes to put his bum against something lol so I'll sort that out!

It can also help to put newspaper under the litter tray so any over spill soaks into that and you can change it regularly x

Thanks guys! I'll get one today at some point, its not too bad to start off with but he's getting bigger now and he likes to put his bum against something lol so I'll sort that out!

Unless a rabbit is old and with mobility issues, I always high sided litter boxes.

It keeps all the hay in too - less sweeping up in the house :)

Unless a rabbit is old and with mobility issues, I always high sided litter boxes.

It keeps all the hay in too - less sweeping up in the house :)
Yea this might be an idea, Clementine often aims over the edge of the litter tray, but the tray is in a cage, sat on fitch so that catches anything [emoji38]

Sent via carrier pigeon

Another vote for the underbed storage boxes here.

Having said that, never underestimate the general gitiness of bunnies. Even with high sided boxes, one of my buns takes great pleasure in occasionally parking his bum right over the edge so the wee goes on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back