• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

today’s walk [image heavy]

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
🥰❤️
dfce0feb1844c7f6a89dec23dcbaf438.jpg
ec0e2494bddcc907c9f6feada7f3a035.jpg
f6b2fb3600fe69c8b50de799e0396335.jpg
54a03699333748a77f643e1bd814b3d3.jpg
47921d665ae6d982f06da549759e10de.jpg
15fc921e82aa52c33df99cbcea80fe4b.jpg
cd9f5d2ab9d3c13952b54bd636630316.jpg
36b4a75bdedcbf58019c66f4f96a6748.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like it was a lovely walk:love: I was just wondering, why does doggy have 2 leads?

It looks like it was a lovely walk:love: I was just wondering, why does doggy have 2 leads?

he's a bit of a puller, but he's only 6 months. he's improving slowly but often "forgets" to walk nicely or sees a bird/dog. its to help distribute the pulling a bit but also easier to correct. the one around his neck is a slip leash, but it has a buckle so it can't actually choke him. his collar is just a clip on so I'm very worried if he pulls it would break. I do correct his pulling, but even so it can hurt on his that one force. I pull him back by the harness, and if he's starting to get ahead he gets a small & gentle tug on the one around his neck which he responds to over a small & gently tug on his harness.

it probably all sounds a bit silly, but I did find it helped. my arms and back don't hurt this time :) most of the walk he walked good, just at times he really gets a bee in his bonnet about a smell or a bird (or dog he can see) and it can take 5-10 minutes to get him to walk nicely again.

but he is only young at 6 months, and not neutered, and a working cocker spaniel, so hes a bit nuts :lol: I can't fault him, he's very well behaved most of the time and his walking is getting better. before he would pull and only pull!!

I do love walking there, its so pretty. the sunrises and sunsets are beautiful :love:

he's a bit of a puller, but he's only 6 months. he's improving slowly but often "forgets" to walk nicely or sees a bird/dog. its to help distribute the pulling a bit but also easier to correct. the one around his neck is a slip leash, but it has a buckle so it can't actually choke him. his collar is just a clip on so I'm very worried if he pulls it would break. I do correct his pulling, but even so it can hurt on his that one force. I pull him back by the harness, and if he's starting to get ahead he gets a small & gentle tug on the one around his neck which he responds to over a small & gently tug on his harness.

it probably all sounds a bit silly, but I did find it helped. my arms and back don't hurt this time :) most of the walk he walked good, just at times he really gets a bee in his bonnet about a smell or a bird (or dog he can see) and it can take 5-10 minutes to get him to walk nicely again.

but he is only young at 6 months, and not neutered, and a working cocker spaniel, so hes a bit nuts :lol: I can't fault him, he's very well behaved most of the time and his walking is getting better. before he would pull and only pull!!

I do love walking there, its so pretty. the sunrises and sunsets are beautiful :love:

Ah I see, I wondered if it was something like that. He looks like he is very good off lead :thumb: