• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

TimothyHay.co.uk

MiniC

Wise Old Thumper
Just been by to buy some hay, and thought I'd ask for an update on stocks for anyone who's interested!

They said it had been a very good year for hay, and supplies are fine until June based on normal rates of sales. Unless a lot of suppliers down south run out early, and there's a run on supplies in Scotland, then stocks are doing well :)

Just been by to buy some hay, and thought I'd ask for an update on stocks for anyone who's interested!

They said it had been a very good year for hay, and supplies are fine until June based on normal rates of sales. Unless a lot of suppliers down south run out early, and there's a run on supplies in Scotland, then stocks are doing well :)

That's great thank you :)

Does that apply to the oat hay as well?

That's great thank you :)

Does that apply to the oat hay as well?

I think so - the oat hay usually lasts a bit longer anyway :)

She did say that because they're doing the stalky/soft hay option this year, they weren't sure whether one might sell out, but you'd hopefully get the other no problem :)

I can't find oat hay anywhere, do they have stocks on this site? Mine love the stuff!

From checking this site regularly, my understanding is that the 2017 Oat hay is now sold out. There has never been any mention of any 2018 Oay hay and I have assumed that they decided not to grow this hay this year.

Thanks for this!

Out of interest how do people store their hay? We live in a 2 bed and have a few storage issues!

Zigzag - We fitted a shelf to our cupboard to help - the hay bale takes up the whole shelf, but it lets us use the space underneath it at least! It was easy to install (just used No More Nails), if that's an option for you?

I wonder if you could decant some into under-bed storage boxes and keep it under your bed too?

Sorry all, I didn't specifically ask about oat hay - didn't occur to me! Just assumed it was the same story on supplies!

OMG - I'm having kittens now at the idea of them running out ever. Gutted to hear they are out of Oaty as we are on the dregs. Life was so much simpler and cheaper when we got a local farm bale then i had to go create me three hay snobs .

I live in a 2 bedroom house too. We donated our one decent storage space (large understair cupboard ) solely to hay & dried forage & megazorb stores.I'd love that cupboard to store normal stuff .

Maybe throw a fleece over them & use as beanbags as suggested by Loobers

OMG - I'm having kittens now at the idea of them running out ever. Gutted to hear they are out of Oaty as we are on the dregs. Life was so much simpler and cheaper when we got a local farm bale then i had to go create me three hay snobs .

I live in a 2 bedroom house too. We donated our one decent storage space (large understair cupboard ) solely to hay & dried forage & megazorb stores.I'd love that cupboard to store normal stuff .

Same here! Years ago, bunnies ate their own ‘special’ pet shophay, then, one day when I was running low, they had to have baled hay that I bought for the goats, and they loved it. Now I have Frosty, who come dental time, went off baled hay and has now become a bit of a diva and likes a variety of expensive hays. However, I have found it something of an addiction to collect this variety of hays like a library for him. As he is a teeny tiny 1.25kg bunny, this hay lasts him quite some time!

I've tried a lot of hays though, and the timothy is exceptionally good :)
I don't think they are snobs, they are connoisseurs :lol:

Regards the oat hay - I should ping them an email ;)
(The company, not the rabbits)

Timothyhay have everything in stock. just taken delivery of a bag of stalky & a mixed bag of oaty & second cut. I'm hoping this will last til after Christmas. I can't believe how much of it they are eating. Bob bought them £40 of timothy last month. This week hay has cost me 82 squid as also did viovet order for green oat readigrass (buns not fussed) & Mouseys hay based joint support tabs.

They are shutting over Xmas from 19th so get your orders in & let them enjoy the fab xmas they deserve

Timothyhay have everything in stock. just taken delivery of a bag of stalky & a mixed bag of oaty & second cut. I'm hoping this will last til after Christmas. I can't believe how much of it they are eating. Bob bought them £40 of timothy last month. This week hay has cost me 82 squid as also did viovet order for green oat readigrass (buns not fussed) & Mouseys hay based joint support tabs.

They are shutting over Xmas from 19th so get your orders in & let them enjoy the fab xmas they deserve
Ah good to know! :)

Just ordered 8 hays, hope that's enough til they open again [emoji849]

Sent via carrier pigeon

Last edited:
I’m glad I ordered some, it’s the only hay Prince Frosty of the high tower will eat at the moment :roll:

Back