Thread: Rescued bunny

Young Bun

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Ikr I don't know where I'd even go to buy such a cage :/

Sent via carrier pigeon
    It's going straight to the tip!

Young Bun

Quote Originally Posted by Craig 1965 View Post
    Oh My G! I can't believe he was in that cage. My heart is breaking looking at that.
    Sorry - not a critisism aimed at you. Firstly, well done for rescuing and probably saving the rabbits life. And you most certainly have done. In my opinion he does look thin but given what the rabbit has been subject to, it's not really a surprise. The fact he follows you is a huge positive - the rabbit is trusting humans and feels safe. You've got some hay - which is perfect. Plenty and plenty of it. And you'll need some pellets. These will help build weight up but the rabbit looks young so you might need to look for young rabbit pellets. Some fresh greens would be good and a vet check if you can do so. They'll identify the sex and do the appropriate checks.
    Part of me would suggest you report your neighbours for animal cruelty. Ignorance is no defence for the dredful conditions this rabbit has been subject to. Luckily you have stepped in at the right time.
    Thanks, I'll try feed him up a bit. If he's still here next week I'll get him vet checked too.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowymouse View Post
    Yes that's his cage he wasn't outside thankfully, they just put him out on the lawn sometimes. He's making the most of being able to run around now!
    well done Snowymouse.

those cages ought to be banned. they're not suitable for hamsters, let alone rabbits.

Warren Scout

I wonder if the cage was to transport him (?) outside, and maybe he free ranged indoors? I'd rather not think about the alternative tbh.

Well done on taking him in, he's beautiful, but yes in the skinny side! You're not mad, idve done the same thing, and have done in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Ikr I don't know where I'd even go to buy such a cage :/

Sent via carrier pigeon

When I got one of the buns who currently lives with me he came in a carrier that was actually smaller than one I saw at the vet with a mouse in it
    He was literally forced into it, and he couldn't move at all. Face squished up against the side.

Of course he was taken out of it as soon as he was in the car and has spent the rest of his life in freedom.
    I just don't get why some people think this is acceptable. How about keeping a human like that?

He is gorgeous I’m so glad you have rescued him, that cage is horrific

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Snowymouse View Post
    North Birmingham, if you're interested and within reasonable distance I am willing to drive him to a good home so sorry you lost your Thor though
    Thank you

I've seen now that he was kept indoors, so I wouldn't be able to put him in the shed outside. If I'm honest, it's a bit too soon for me and wouldn't feel right, I don't think.

He's lovely though and I hope he finds a perfect home x

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**

I don't know many bunny people but I hope he/she finds a loving home soon, he looks like a right cutie and sounds like he has a lovely temperament. Thank you for rescuing him! Hopefully it won't take him long to put some weight on, a bit of exercise and the right diet should help him muscle up! That cage makes me shudder.
    Mum to Lilac and Teddy, a little head tilt bun

Wise Old Thumper

Did they not have some food for him? Perhaps it would be a good idea to ask which food he had been eating asa change of food could upset him. Thank goodness they realised their mistake, I suppose they had him when he was tiny.

So glad he was rescued,looking at that cage with the handle on top , looks like a bird cage! Minus perches etc.