Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rescued bunny

Young Bun

Default Rescued bunny

So a few months ago my neighbours got a baby bunny for their kids. I looked (spied) into their garden when they took it onto the grass and saw it shut in a tiny cage as in, I wouldn't keep a hamster in there. I got chatting to them about bunny (they're nice people just clueless) and dropped off a few bunny mags for their son...basically I wanted them to know I am the go-to bunny person for all bunny related matters.

Well today...the plan worked! They asked if I knew anyone who wanted him/her and I said YES gimme! I took him straight away and they were delighted.

Got him home and he was damp (they'd given him a 'bath' but I think - hope - it was with the waterless small animal shampoo that came with him). Anyway he's towelled off and binkying around a makeshift pen with loads of hay. Is there anything else I should do? I have his food but have no idea how old he is and he looks a bit skinny. I hope he'll be okay.

He'll be going to my nearest rescue hopefully next week when they have space unless someone here is interested in a lovely little (gender/age unknown) bunny? He is the sweetest thing when I get in the pen he just wants to be near me, not interested in the hide at all.

Anyway I just thought I'd post because I know your guys will appreciate how important it was for me to get him out of there. My other half thinks I'm a bit crazy! Moral of the story: stay friends with your neighbours if you want to help their bunny.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Omg was that the cage he was in outside? :'(

You've saved him! Thank goodness he's with you now. I hope he'll be okay x

Sent via carrier pigeon

Please tell me that wasn't the cage he was in

Thank God you have him and hopefully he will find a loving and caring forever home soon , well done for saving him

Tuckerbunnies on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tucke...06739326052403
    Tuckerbunnies Rabbit Sanctuary and Bunny Boarding.
    http://www.findpetboarding.com/small...g/profile/5253

What a lovely little bunny

Young Bun

Yes that's his cage he wasn't outside thankfully, they just put him out on the lawn sometimes. He's making the most of being able to run around now!

That's awful.

What area are you in? I've found myself with space after sadly loosing my Thor this week. He shared a divided shed with our other boy Loki. I'm worried about Loki being alone during the winter, although they weren't bonded, they did sit either side of the divide together. We'd planned to get them both neutered and bond them, but sadly it wasn't to be x

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**

Quote Originally Posted by Snowymouse View Post
    So a few months ago my neighbours got a baby bunny for their kids. I looked (spied) into their garden when they took it onto the grass and saw it shut in a tiny cage as in, I wouldn't keep a hamster in there. I got chatting to them about bunny (they're nice people just clueless) and dropped off a few bunny mags for their son...basically I wanted them to know I am the go-to bunny person for all bunny related matters.

Well today...the plan worked! They asked if I knew anyone who wanted him/her and I said YES gimme! I took him straight away and they were delighted.

Got him home and he was damp (they'd given him a 'bath' but I think - hope - it was with the waterless small animal shampoo that came with him). Anyway he's towelled off and binkying around a makeshift pen with loads of hay. Is there anything else I should do? I have his food but have no idea how old he is and he looks a bit skinny. I hope he'll be okay.

He'll be going to my nearest rescue hopefully next week when they have space unless someone here is interested in a lovely little (gender/age unknown) bunny? He is the sweetest thing when I get in the pen he just wants to be near me, not interested in the hide at all.

Anyway I just thought I'd post because I know your guys will appreciate how important it was for me to get him out of there. My other half thinks I'm a bit crazy! Moral of the story: stay friends with your neighbours if you want to help their bunny.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

He does look skinny

Thank you so much for rescuing him.
    Words can't express what I feel looking at that cage.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    He does look skinny

Thank you so much for rescuing him.
    Words can't express what I feel looking at that cage.
    Ikr I don't know where I'd even go to buy such a cage :/

Sent via carrier pigeon

Oh My G! I can't believe he was in that cage. My heart is breaking looking at that.
    Sorry - not a critisism aimed at you. Firstly, well done for rescuing and probably saving the rabbits life. And you most certainly have done. In my opinion he does look thin but given what the rabbit has been subject to, it's not really a surprise. The fact he follows you is a huge positive - the rabbit is trusting humans and feels safe. You've got some hay - which is perfect. Plenty and plenty of it. And you'll need some pellets. These will help build weight up but the rabbit looks young so you might need to look for young rabbit pellets. Some fresh greens would be good and a vet check if you can do so. They'll identify the sex and do the appropriate checks.
    Part of me would suggest you report your neighbours for animal cruelty. Ignorance is no defence for the dredful conditions this rabbit has been subject to. Luckily you have stepped in at the right time.

Young Bun

Quote Originally Posted by TheThreeB's View Post
    That's awful.

What area are you in? I've found myself with space after sadly loosing my Thor this week. He shared a divided shed with our other boy Loki. I'm worried about Loki being alone during the winter, although they weren't bonded, they did sit either side of the divide together. We'd planned to get them both neutered and bond them, but sadly it wasn't to be x
    North Birmingham, if you're interested and within reasonable distance I am willing to drive him to a good home so sorry you lost your Thor though