Thread: time flies..

Default time flies..

this was two years ago today, my friends dog had premature pups and I went to help her. this little guy wasnít doing well at all and was cold so I shoved him between my boobs but he didnít make it even though we tried our best he was so small and couldnít feed.

he passed away in my hands as I tried to breathe on him to keep him warm. he took one huge breath for his tiny lungs and didnít take another.

his siblings all followed too, none of them made it.

it still upsets me to this day. and the fact that the vets performed a cesarean on momma dog, and sent her and the two week early pups home. no advice. no syringes. no support.

if they had stayed they may have made it.

I still remember my friend calling me at 4am to say the last one died. I ran to her house and the mess she was in mentally. she still blames herself even though I know she did her best.

rest easy little guy, and your siblings, at least theyíre all united now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Snoopy : 14.02.15 - 12.05.17 [mini rex]👑Luna : 14.02.15 [rex]👑Orion : 21.10.17 [mini rex]

how sad you did your best to help, although I know it’s no consolation hugs xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

thank you zoobec

itís just upsetting the care momma dog and the pups received. mommas birth canal wouldnít widen so an emergency cesarean was performed. because of the stress I imagine momma wouldnít settle to feed them and her milk supply didnít seem to come in either. the vets didnít feed pups, they didnít offer how to feed pups or what to do or how to keep them warm. nothing. less than four hours after that happened they sent mom and pups home. it was a sunday at 4pm so no shops were open to get supplies.. she had no puppy milk no feeding bottles nothing. I gave her some of my lactose free milk and new syringes that were 1ml. i know it wasnít the best but we had nothing else.

the care that was followed after, if you could call it that, was shocking. my friend got no help and when she called on monday distraught after the boy passed away they said there was nothing that could be done and hung up on her!!

Iím not saying they would have survived, but they were tiny and in the hands of an inexperienced person. not like she knows what to do or had anything explained to her, or had any friends who need dogs. the closest experience I had was a sick bunny.

so much could have been done, they are vets they know how to care for puppies never mind premature ones that were so small. but she was turned away. she could have tried other vets but we both didnít think of that.

I just hope the little boy and the others know they were loved and that we did our best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Snoopy : 14.02.15 - 12.05.17 [mini rex]👑Luna : 14.02.15 [rex]👑Orion : 21.10.17 [mini rex]

Thatís all so sad Iím sure the pups found comfort in the love and care you gave them, Iím sorry it turned out that way. xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

How very sad , I am sorry Bless him

Tuckerbunnies on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tucke...06739326052403
    Tuckerbunnies Rabbit Sanctuary and Bunny Boarding.
    http://www.findpetboarding.com/small...g/profile/5253