• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

time flies..

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
e9ecfb947b4709c60b53df132e102982.jpg

this was two years ago today, my friends dog had premature pups and I went to help her. this little guy wasn’t doing well at all and was cold so I shoved him between my boobs but he didn’t make it even though we tried our best :( he was so small and couldn’t feed.

he passed away in my hands as I tried to breathe on him to keep him warm. he took one huge breath for his tiny lungs and didn’t take another.

his siblings all followed too, none of them made it.

it still upsets me to this day. and the fact that the vets performed a cesarean on momma dog, and sent her and the two week early pups home. no advice. no syringes. no support.

if they had stayed they may have made it.

I still remember my friend calling me at 4am to say the last one died. I ran to her house and the mess she was in mentally. she still blames herself even though I know she did her best.

rest easy little guy, and your siblings, at least they’re all united now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:cry: how sad :cry: you did your best to help, although I know it’s no consolation:cry: hugs xx

thank you zoobec [emoji21]

it’s just upsetting the care momma dog and the pups received. mommas birth canal wouldn’t widen so an emergency cesarean was performed. because of the stress I imagine momma wouldn’t settle to feed them and her milk supply didn’t seem to come in either. the vets didn’t feed pups, they didn’t offer how to feed pups or what to do or how to keep them warm. nothing. less than four hours after that happened they sent mom and pups home. it was a sunday at 4pm so no shops were open to get supplies.. she had no puppy milk no feeding bottles nothing. I gave her some of my lactose free milk and new syringes that were 1ml. i know it wasn’t the best but we had nothing else.

the care that was followed after, if you could call it that, was shocking. my friend got no help and when she called on monday distraught after the boy passed away they said there was nothing that could be done and hung up on her!!

I’m not saying they would have survived, but they were tiny and in the hands of an inexperienced person. not like she knows what to do or had anything explained to her, or had any friends who need dogs. the closest experience I had was a sick bunny.

so much could have been done, they are vets they know how to care for puppies never mind premature ones that were so small. but she was turned away. she could have tried other vets but we both didn’t think of that.

I just hope the little boy and the others know they were loved and that we did our best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s all so sad :cry: I’m sure the pups found comfort in the love and care you gave them, I’m sorry it turned out that way. xx

Back