• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cordless hoover recommendations?

Which one do you have Graciee?
It's in storage but I'm pretty sure it's a v8? Definitely was the 40 mins battery life one, before it they only had 20 mins and I remember not buying one because of that reason :) it was the absolute one I think too? And has an orange stick - if that helps at all [emoji38]

I just don't remember getting 7 minutes of power, that seems mad! [emoji38]

Probs got receipt in my emails, I shall check :)

Sent via carrier pigeon

Which ones are the passive tools?

Thinking about it, because of the trigger a half an hour hoovering session isn't 30 mins for the hoover because of the trigger... [emoji38] Still feel like it was more than 7 mins tho! [emoji38][emoji38]
9c7c70acbd651cf17b85cdddeba3b39d.jpg

Sent via carrier pigeon

Which ones are the passive tools?

Thinking about it, because of the trigger a half an hour hoovering session isn't 30 mins for the hoover because of the trigger... [emoji38] Still feel like it was more than 7 mins tho! [emoji38][emoji38]
9c7c70acbd651cf17b85cdddeba3b39d.jpg

Sent via carrier pigeon

I think passive is ones without a rotating brush bar, I guess it needs extra power to rotate?

That might be why I get so long out of mine, for our lino-ed rooms I always use the pointy attachment to pick up bunny poops and hay. Then I might go over quickly with the brush bar in one room but not in the other as it's too fiddly to go round blankets and stuff.

I think passive is ones without a rotating brush bar, I guess it needs extra power to rotate?

That might be why I get so long out of mine, for our lino-ed rooms I always use the pointy attachment to pick up bunny poops and hay. Then I might go over quickly with the brush bar in one room but not in the other as it's too fiddly to go round blankets and stuff.
That might be why I got so long!

My roomba does the floors, dyson was for skirting, sofa, and random messes etc

Sent via carrier pigeon

Resurrecting a very old thread- but I know a few of you have the Dyson V10. Is it good at cleaning hay and extracting it from carpets? We have a new rug in the front room, and the hay looks like it's getting embedded into the hug!! Hoping the Dyson may save the rug..

Back