• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What now?

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

I can't help but worry about Loki on his own outside, after Thor sadly passed.

The two of them weren't 'bonded', but did share a divided shed and I believe benefited from having each other there. They would often be sat together either side of the divide. Loki is behaving normally, but obviously it's not ideal to have a rabbit outside alone for the winter.

He's not neutered, it's something we planned to do, but as their set up was working well, other things had taken priority.

We have talked about now giving him the entire shed.

Ideally I'd love him to have a friend, but I can't do that until he's had his op and post op time and I already have 3 indoor buns, so can't have him in for winter.

Would it be worth having another bun living the other side until bonding could begin, or was it a fluke that it worked this time?

My heart says it's too soon to be looking for another.

Any advice? Thanks x

He should be fine on his own, boys cope better than lonely girls I think. You need to get him neutered then you can find him a female friend. :love: I have a little girl on her own and I really feel for her - she's 7.5 now and it's so scary to try and bond her as she is quite territorial. She sits next to the dividing wire where she can see her neighbours, but at night she has to go in alone.

He should be fine on his own, boys cope better than lonely girls I think. You need to get him neutered then you can find him a female friend. :love: I have a little girl on her own and I really feel for her - she's 7.5 now and it's so scary to try and bond her as she is quite territorial. She sits next to the dividing wire where she can see her neighbours, but at night she has to go in alone.

Thanks for replying, Tb :)

I hope that's the case and he'll be fine for now. I think we'll have to get Christmas out the way first, but yes I'd love to see him with a friend x

Back