• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Fudge

Pammie

New Kit
Hello I am new to this forum but am looking for help. I have a neutered 1 year old lop called Fudge and recently got a 8 week old female called Toffee. Fudge was neutered back in July and since then he has changed - he won't come near me or lick me like he used to. He is in an outside Hutch and toffee for now is indoor with the view that she will become outdoor with Fudge. Over the past week Fudge won't come near me and if I open his Hutch he runs away and hides, he hasn't actually gone for me but will lunge towards me and over the last couple of days has had really soft poos - what do I do???

Hello I am new to this forum but am looking for help. I have a neutered 1 year old lop called Fudge and recently got a 8 week old female called Toffee. Fudge was neutered back in July and since then he has changed - he won't come near me or lick me like he used to. He is in an outside Hutch and toffee for now is indoor with the view that she will become outdoor with Fudge. Over the past week Fudge won't come near me and if I open his Hutch he runs away and hides, he hasn't actually gone for me but will lunge towards me and over the last couple of days has had really soft poos - what do I do???

Hello

Is Fudge still eating and drinking as normal ?

When you go to attend to him do you do so after handling Toffee ? The smell of a new Rabbit may be upsetting Fudge.

Is there a lot of Firework noise at the moment ? This can really upset some Rabbits, especially if they are outdoors on their own.

Hi there Pammie and welcome to the Forum :wave:

I am wondering whether he's feeling well in himself, especially when you say he's had soft poos.
Have you changed his diet at all? Is he eating lots of hay?

He could have been scared by a predator in your garden, and it's made him wary, as neutering doesn't normally change a rabbit's behaviour in this way.

On another note, can I ask whether he's had his vaccinations - that's the Novibac/Myxo, and also (IMPORTANTLY) the Filavac for RHD2.
Not that this affect his behaviour, but that RHD2 is becoming a bit of en epidemic. Sorry if you know this already.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...RHD2-More-Cases-(-Update-November-2018/page31

Hope Fudge is feeling better today. If he isn't eating and pooing normally I would try to get him a vet appointment.

My wee Bertie bun was out of sorts at the weekend. I think the fireworks upset him. Have you tried offering treats and talking to him in a gentle voice?

Back