• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Thor's not himself - U/D 6/10 He didn't make it (Some upsetting content)

I'm so sorry I'm so late to the wake :( Sorry your little hummer had to leave :'( I've just been back and looked at the phots from his overnight stay here :( My OH and hutch-moving friend will be sad too :(

Best wishes to you all, ThreeBs, you did more than many would, and he and Sky had much better lives than they otherwise would have. I do think it's... maybe not coincidence that the two lops from the Nottingham rescue have both departed within a relatively short timescale, but equally it totally could be coincidence and I'm not sure I want to know either way :'(

Thank you, KK, I'm sorry that it was more bad news about them. I can't help but wonder how I've managed to lose two of the three in the space of four months, but of course it could be purely coincidental :? I've done my very best for all of them and I hope they knew how much I loved them. I take some comfort from the fact that their time here was so different to what they had before.

I'll never forget everything you did, thank you xx

Thank you, KK, I'm sorry that it was more bad news about them. I can't help but wonder how I've managed to lose two of the three in the space of four months, but of course it could be purely coincidental :? I've done my very best for all of them and I hope they knew how much I loved them. I take some comfort from the fact that their time here was so different to what they had before.

I'll never forget everything you did, thank you xx

They both had a wonderful life with you, and knowing what they came from, they were very lucky buns that you found them, and kind folk like KK and DemiS facilitated the rescue.

Hugs for you.

Thanks for the replies. Was going to update on here last night, but things then took a turn for the worst. He didn't make it :cry:

I'd brought him in for the night around 8pm and he had some normal poos around his bum, so I hoped this was a good sign. He ate some rocket no problem, by 10pm he was completely lifeless, stretched out and barely reacting. I kept him on my lap, where he lay sleeping, but around 11pm he had some sort of seizure (the vet said a seizure was strange, maybe it was just him passing, idk) and didn't recover. I was sure I could still see him breathing for a short while, but my dh said he'd gone. It was distressing seeing him like that, I was shouting for help with him in my arms and no one did anything, not that they could....

I took him in this morning and he had a couple of normal poos on his bum then, when the vet checked him, so they said it might not have been gastrointestinal at all, but maybe a tumour or something. We'd put his weight loss down to him being a more normal weight than perhaps over when he arrived, but I'll never make this mistake again.

How can I have lost 2 of the 3 (that came together) in the space of a few months? Could their bad start have contributed!

You couldn't have met a more gentle bun :cry: x

I am so sorry for your loss. It is very difficult to be with a bunny during his final moments. Know he found comfort in those final moments with the person he loved.

Back