• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding with a tiny 5 to 6 week old bunny

Lynn's Bunny

Mama Doe
Hi everyone,

Yesterday a friend of mine caught a domestic baby bunny out in her backyard. He/she was completely soaked thru, covered in leaves and not looking very well. To make a long story short I have the baby at my house and have a Vet appointment booked for Sunday.

Thankfully, he is doing really good now. Eating, pooping, and has bright button eyes. He is quaranteened away from my rabbits. I have 2, a spayed female and a neutered male. They are housed separately as they fight but have a fence between them. They actually spend a lot of time sitting together thru the fencing.

Once I have the baby sexed I want to introduce it to whichever bunny is the opposite sex. And of course, when it is old enough it will be fixed as well.

But I have never bonded a bunny this young. Does anyone have any experience? Because it is so young I was hoping the bonding process would be easier.

I really hope the little bun makes it. Thanks for any advice.

Personally I wouldn't rush bonding the bunny with another bunny just yet, it's far to young to be away from its mum already, and lucky you found it. I wouldn't want bond so young incase the baby was to get hurt accidentally or intentionally

Back