• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Rescue: EMERGENCY. Cane and Treacle, 6mo, neutered and vacc'ed

EMERGENCY REHOMING

I run STAR Rabbit Rescue Nottingham, but I have herniated a disc and I am in extreme pain. I've just about managed to cope for the last few months with great difficulty, but I am due to have surgery in 12 days. After this I will be forced to have 2 weeks of resting, followed by a further 4 weeks of recovery time.

In this time I won't be able to care for the rabbits like I have until now. I'm trying to make arrangements for the rabbits care whilst I'm recovering, but I would like to find them a forever home, so I don't have to fret or worry, which will lead me to doing more than I should and hurting myself.

Cane and Treacle

Cane and Treacle are 5/6 months old, neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated.

They are so gentle and calm, they love head strokes, and will always come greet you to see if you have a treat for them! They are brothers, and came from a cramped and filthy home, where they were sat in urine and faeces piled over a foot high. Their parents were breeding uncontrollably. Thankfully we stepped in, neutered the parents and took in the litters to find them new homes.

These boys deserve a comfortable and happy life together, with lots of space to binky, run, and play. And most importantly, someone to love them. They're very gentle bunnies, and would be great with kids.

Adoption donation £50, homecheck applies, 60sq ft minimum space.

Please email starrescuenottingham@outlook.com to apply to adopt these gorgeous boys!

These bunnies have now thankfully found a rescue space with Notts Nibblers Rodent Rescue. They are still available to adopt, and I will still forward any potential adopters to the rescue.

I also have a herniated disc and so I know the pain that you are going through, if I sneeze or cough the pain is worse , I'd like to know how you go on after surgery as I have been like this since 2002
and there is nothing that eases the pain.

I also have a herniated disc and so I know the pain that you are going through, if I sneeze or cough the pain is worse , I'd like to know how you go on after surgery as I have been like this since 2002
and there is nothing that eases the pain.

Oh no! That's awful. Have you had surgery yourself at all? I'm not really active on here, but you could follow my progress through the updates I will be posting on my Facebook page for the rescue? If you search 'STAR Rabbit Rescue Nottingham' you should find it :)

Oh no! That's awful. Have you had surgery yourself at all? I'm not really active on here, but you could follow my progress through the updates I will be posting on my Facebook page for the rescue? If you search 'STAR Rabbit Rescue Nottingham' you should find it :)

I was offered surgery back in 2002 but they put me off when they said there is a 50% chance I could end up paralyzed. They also offered me an epidural injection which I didn't think was worth the pain for a few hours of being pain free. I have lived with it now since 2002 and at times it's really bad other times I think I have just got use to the pain to be honest. xx

Wow 50%! I think it's much lower now, or maybe your injury was particularly hard to operate on for some reason. I've had the op now, not paralysed, thankfully! That was my biggest fear too. First thing I did when I came round was wiggle my toes. I'm still in a fair bit of pain though. But I'm told it can take weeks/months or years to be fully recovered so I'm taking it day by day.

Wow 50%! I think it's much lower now, or maybe your injury was particularly hard to operate on for some reason. I've had the op now, not paralysed, thankfully! That was my biggest fear too. First thing I did when I came round was wiggle my toes. I'm still in a fair bit of pain though. But I'm told it can take weeks/months or years to be fully recovered so I'm taking it day by day.

Glad you have had the op and I hope you will feel much better for it, I've just recently been back to the doctors and put on some different tablets and I feel better for them. Hope you recover quickly and just take it easy xx

Back