• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two rabbit hutches

So I just had a random thought while thinking of rabbit housing. I know people say hutches are too small but could you get two hutches and somehow attach them together. I’m not saying I am going to do this it’s just a random thought that came to mind😊🤷

A lot of hutches are too small in all dimensions - length, width and height - so joining 2 may not be the best option. The minimum acceptable dimensions are those that allow a rabbit to stretch up and hop around freely. Joining hutches together to achieve this as a permanent residence would likely mean rebuilding the whole thing, rather than eg joining with a tunnel. Smaller hutches work as a refuge within a larger area such as an aviary or shed, though.

A lot of hutches are too small in all dimensions - length, width and height - so joining 2 may not be the best option. The minimum acceptable dimensions are those that allow a rabbit to stretch up and hop around freely. Joining hutches together to achieve this as a permanent residence would likely mean rebuilding the whole thing, rather than eg joining with a tunnel. Smaller hutches work as a refuge within a larger area such as an aviary or shed, though.

This.

Just not worthwhile imo. If you went for the hutch option, then it would be better to spend money on a huge run, rather than a second hutch x

Back