• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Silver

DemiS

Warren Veteran
Silver my gerbil had a mass that had been getting bigger and bigger for the past few months. It hadn't been affecting his behaviour or appetite at all until about an hour ago when i noticed he didn't look well at all. I gave him some metacam but I think the stress of me doing that tipped him over the edge and he seized and died a few minutes later before it will have even kicked in, I feel so guilty like me stressing him out with medication made it worse and he spent the last bit of his life stressed :cry: And his brother trying to wake him is breaking my heart

Oh I'm so so sorry :'(

I'm sure you didn't stress him out, it sounds like it was going to happen, please don't blame yourself :(

It's heartbreaking watching bonded animals try to wake them or understand :'(

I'm so sorry, hugs xxx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Silver my gerbil had a mass that had been getting bigger and bigger for the past few months. It hadn't been affecting his behaviour or appetite at all until about an hour ago when i noticed he didn't look well at all. I gave him some metacam but I think the stress of me doing that tipped him over the edge and he seized and died a few minutes later before it will have even kicked in, I feel so guilty like me stressing him out with medication made it worse and he spent the last bit of his life stressed :cry: And his brother trying to wake him is breaking my heart

I am really sorry :cry: It must have been a very distressing event to witness :cry:

RIP Silver xx

I’m so sorry :cry: thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Scurry free at the bridge Silver xx

I'm so sorry :( You was doing what you thought was best for him. I lost both my gerbils to scent gland tumours, one was much worst than the others but I made the decision to have them put to sleep at the same time, I always wonder if that was the right decision :( I hope his brother is coping ok xx

Back