• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pellets - U/Date

So I have just received a 20kg bag of A &P - can hardly move it! They used to always be 20 kg bags which I could carry, not any more. I have used A & P years ago so hopefully they will be ok. :thumb:

Hope they like them. I think they will.

My friend also said she was surprised how big the bag was when it came :shock:

These A&P pellets are tiny! I am not sure how much to give them, I am mixing them in with the Wagg, they are eating them. Thought they would! Do you think they are less likely to choke on a smaller pellet rather than a bigger one? Not that I have had any choke but just wondered.

These A&P pellets are tiny! I am not sure how much to give them, I am mixing them in with the Wagg, they are eating them. Thought they would! Do you think they are less likely to choke on a smaller pellet rather than a bigger one? Not that I have had any choke but just wondered.

I've always found smaller pellets better than larger (some of my rabbits can't eat SS).
Never had a rabbit choke on very small pellets and that's what I feed :)

I dont feed my Rabbits pellets, but at one time I fed A+P. I did notice that some Rabbits lost condition on them, but I have never had a Rabbit choke on them. For those who lost condition on the standard A+P I used to mix in some Breeder Grower A+P pellets too as they have a higher nutritional value.

I would weigh your Rabbits once a week and if any of them start to lose weight and/or their coat starts to look dull and starey I'd consider adding a higher protein content pellet such as the A+P Breeder Grower one.

It was mostly my oldies or those with a chronic health problem who struggled to maintain condition on the standard A+P. If you have any Lionheads/Angoras or super fluffy Rabbits they may need a higher protein content pellet than the standard A+P too.

I agree, I never feed my rabbits large pellets.

My friend who is using the Allen and Page pellets would definitely recommend them. She's used them for a while and every now and again I board her buns and they are always in superb condition with glossy coats :)

I dont feed my Rabbits pellets, but at one time I fed A+P. I did notice that some Rabbits lost condition on them, but I have never had a Rabbit choke on them. For those who lost condition on the standard A+P I used to mix in some Breeder Grower A+P pellets too as they have a higher nutritional value.

I would weigh your Rabbits once a week and if any of them start to lose weight and/or their coat starts to look dull and starey I'd consider adding a higher protein content pellet such as the A+P Breeder Grower one.

It was mostly my oldies or those with a chronic health problem who struggled to maintain condition on the standard A+P. If you have any Lionheads/Angoras or super fluffy Rabbits they may need a higher protein content pellet than the standard A+P too.

I will keep my eye on them! :)

Bertie has Science Selective mainly. To be honest he will eat practically anything though! This week I am mixing in Beaphar's pellets as they have 65% hay content. I hope your buns all do well on the A&P pellets.

Bertie has Science Selective mainly. To be honest he will eat practically anything though! This week I am mixing in Beaphar's pellets as they have 65% hay content. I hope your buns all do well on the A&P pellets.

Thank you Susie bun!

Hi Beapig! I have been using A&P for a week or so now. Everyone is eating them and yes I am mixing them with the Wagg although I agree that most pellets could very well be similar. On UK Rabbits the VN recommends SS as it has the highest crude fibre you will find but it is so expensive. A&P comes in a paper bag you're right! Never thought about it tbh. It was also in another bag, a white one, but that is plastic as I ordered it online.

Funnily enough they are discussing pellets over on UKR and A&P are highly recommended as well as SS. The other point I noticed is A&P has just a 3 month life, I can probably use a big bag in that time but if you only have 3 rabbits you wouldn't be able to.

Funnily enough they are discussing pellets over on UKR and A&P are highly recommended as well as SS. The other point I noticed is A&P has just a 3 month life, I can probably use a big bag in that time but if you only have 3 rabbits you wouldn't be able to.

3 months! :shock:

Hi Beapig! I have been using A&P for a week or so now. Everyone is eating them and yes I am mixing them with the Wagg although I agree that most pellets could very well be similar. On UK Rabbits the VN recommends SS as it has the highest crude fibre you will find but it is so expensive. A&P comes in a paper bag you're right! Never thought about it tbh. It was also in another bag, a white one, but that is plastic as I ordered it online.

Thank you for the info Tonibun! I think I'm going to order some :) Jane, if you see this, do the Breeder Grower ones make regular weight rabbits chubby? If they help with weight gain then they would be perfect for Plumpkin, but Beatrice actually needs to slim down a bit. I'm trying to decide between the breeder grower pellets and the natural rabbit pellets.

Thank you for the info Tonibun! I think I'm going to order some :) Jane, if you see this, do the Breeder Grower ones make regular weight rabbits chubby? If they help with weight gain then they would be perfect for Plumpkin, but Beatrice actually needs to slim down a bit. I'm trying to decide between the breeder grower pellets and the natural rabbit pellets.

The Breeder/Grower pellets are higher in protein and are intended to assist weight maintenance (for Rabbits who struggle to keep weight on for whatever reason) and for increasing weight (depending on quantity fed)

https://www.farmandpetplace.co.uk/p...len-and-page-natural-rabbit-pellets-20kg.html

https://www.farmandpetplace.co.uk/p...allen-rabbit-breeder-grower-pellets-20kg.html

This bag I have just bought has a best before date of 16.01.19. :shock: I'm ok as I shall have used them by this date.

Back