• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pellets - U/Date

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
Which Pellets is everyone's Bunnies on? I am not very impressed with Wagg, it has so much dust in it.

Last edited:
Mine are on Beaphar Nature Rabbit. It's mainly Timothy hay and a few herbs I think. It smells scrumtious, and they totally love it. It's much bigger than normally pellets so takes them longer to chew. Hahaha

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Used to be on Excel, but mine have been on Wagg for about the last 2 years. They seem pretty much the same to me.
- mine don't have more than about an eggcup-full each though, slightly more in winter. they have free run of the garden in the day so they get plenty of grass & other things. the pellets are just a 'top-up' and to encourage them in at night. they get 1/2 a carrot each or something at the same time.
too much pellets & i find they get a massive dewlap (?) under their chin & can't groom properly and also can get pooey bottom.

Last edited:
Mine are on Beaphar Nature Rabbit. It's mainly Timothy hay and a few herbs I think. It smells scrumtious, and they totally love it. It's much bigger than normally pellets so takes them longer to chew. Hahaha

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
My bunnies love this pellet. It's good value for money I think. Also very nommy

It smells like pizza to me, nom nom.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Excel and ss grain free here :) oh and fibafirst sticks? I think that's what they're called..

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Used to be on Excel, but mine have been on Wagg for about the last 2 years. They seem pretty much the same to me.
- mine don't have more than about an eggcup-full each though, slightly more in winter. they have free run of the garden in the day so they get plenty of grass & other things. the pellets are just a 'top-up' and to encourage them in at night. they get 1/2 a carrot each or something at the same time.
too much pellets & i find they get a massive dewlap (?) under their chin & can't groom properly and also can get pooey bottom.

Do you not find the Wagg dusty? We were on Wagg Muesli for years, absolutely fine, then they changed to pellets. Mine only get a small amount too.

I find the 20kg bags of Excel relatively easy to handle, from a human point of view: the structure of the bag means it stands up easily, but you can force it to lay down if that works too. It also stays done up with a bit of string!

SS is rather expensive so I am going to try PAH. £15 for 10 kg. I go through this size in just over a week.

i am totally against buying anything from pah.
it would be like supporting slavery.

Well if I didn't buy anything from PAH I would have no hutches in the garden as they are the only place you can get them on the Island. Jolley's hutches are too small.

I have Priscilla on excel but all my other rabbits were on science selective but miss fussy won't eat ss

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

So I have just received a 20kg bag of A &P - can hardly move it! They used to always be 20 kg bags which I could carry, not any more. I have used A & P years ago so hopefully they will be ok. :thumb:

So I have just received a 20kg bag of A &P - can hardly move it! They used to always be 20 kg bags which I could carry, not any more. I have used A & P years ago so hopefully they will be ok. :thumb:

The man that delivered them to us recently was breathless when he came to our door with the pellets. We are on the second floor though :)

I can barely lift them!

Back