• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dental Tomorrow

Tempest

Warren Scout
Hi, my bun Cherry, bless her is a frequent dental bun. I've noticed that it's getting harder to tempt her with her favorites afterwards. In general I've noticed her getting more fussy with her veg as she's gotten older. I was hoping for some suggestions I may not have thought of that could be tempting for her. I'll list what she has had and how much she seems to like them in case that helps.

Carrot (Loves it).
Parsley (Loves it).
Sweetheart cabbage (Won't eat it first but goes back for it withing an hour).
Savoy Cabbage (used to eat it, turns her nose up at it now).
Sprout (She seems to like it)
Spring Greens (Doesn't seem to like it at first, but eats it within a couple of hours).
Corriander (She can't seem to make up her mind, sometimes she'll eat it, others she won't).
Spinach (When she first had it there was some enthusiasm, but now she's not bothered).
Broccoli (Used to eat it, picks at it now, leaves most of it).
Mint (She takes it or leaves it).
Dandelion (she only likes the dried leaves).

Thank goodness she's a good hay eater, or I would be tearing my hair out. She does like the burgess mountain meadow herbs and the burgess garden herbs as well. If anyone has any suggestions of anything she may like I'd appreciate it.

I hope the dental goes well, sending lots of vibes. When my bunny had a dental a few months ago, he ate recovery food mixed with mashed banana from a bowl, you could try it mixed with fruit or vegetable baby food, or mashed pellets mixed with similar. Does he like Readigrass?

I found when he needed the dental and afterwards, he became fussy and would’nt eat the usual baled meadow hay that he normally likes, so I began trying him on different hays so I could feed him a variety, Frosty’s favourites include sweet green hay and five a day hay from nature’s own, burns green oat hay, nature’s touch wild hay and oxbow orchard grass. He likes alfalfa king Timothy hay too, but he loves the others equally I would say. I recently sent for samples of Timothy hay, and he loved the stalky hay they have too :thumb:

Does he like herbs? They often tempt a bunny after an op. My bunnies have always loved rosemary.

I hope that Cherry's dental goes well. Tbh if the issue is just immediately after her operation, I'd just concentrate on the things that she likes to eat i.e. Parsley. At other times, when her mouth isn't sore, I'd try her with some tree leaves such as Apple or some Bramble leaves.

Hi, my bun Cherry, bless her is a frequent dental bun. I've noticed that it's getting harder to tempt her with her favorites afterwards. In general I've noticed her getting more fussy with her veg as she's gotten older. I was hoping for some suggestions I may not have thought of that could be tempting for her. I'll list what she has had and how much she seems to like them in case that helps.

Carrot (Loves it).
Parsley (Loves it).
Sweetheart cabbage (Won't eat it first but goes back for it withing an hour).
Savoy Cabbage (used to eat it, turns her nose up at it now).
Sprout (She seems to like it)
Spring Greens (Doesn't seem to like it at first, but eats it within a couple of hours).
Corriander (She can't seem to make up her mind, sometimes she'll eat it, others she won't).
Spinach (When she first had it there was some enthusiasm, but now she's not bothered).
Broccoli (Used to eat it, picks at it now, leaves most of it).
Mint (She takes it or leaves it).
Dandelion (she only likes the dried leaves).

Thank goodness she's a good hay eater, or I would be tearing my hair out. She does like the burgess mountain meadow herbs and the burgess garden herbs as well. If anyone has any suggestions of anything she may like I'd appreciate it.

Fresh and dried forage is usually very popular.

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/ar...s/foraging/the-benefits-of-leafy-green-plants

http://www.therabbithouse.com/blog/2011/09/09/drying-forage-rabbit/

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?455755-my-foraging-diary

Hope that Cherry's Dental goes well xx

Back