• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often to feed hay cookies?

loobers25

Warren Veteran
Maple syrup has developed a huge addiction for hay cookies.

How often is she allowed them?

This mixed meadow hay contains over 20 different types of grass and edible plants, including tall oat grass, orchard grass, downy alpine oat grass, smooth stalk meadow grass, velvet grass, soft broom grass, sorrel, dandelion, plantain, wild chervil, red clover and tufted vetch ... to name but a few!
2c1dcb241d70054dc41cc4bb0f1dd538.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I buy hay cookies from natures own, Frosty agrees with Maple that hay cookies are delicious :love: the ones I buy are mahoosive so I break them roughly in half and he has half most evenings:thumb:

She's always got one on the go, wasn't sure if it's ok all the time!

I agree. I just checked the ingredients on the Hay Experts site and there doesn't appear to be anything unwelcome in there. Also the advice on that site is that they can be free fed :)

I agree. I just checked the ingredients on the Hay Experts site and there doesn't appear to be anything unwelcome in there. Also the advice on that site is that they can be free fed :)
Oh thanks Omi , I was worried because on the box it says 1-2 per day which obviously means they should be restricted to a certain amount for a possible reason?

Maple with be pleased with this news.

I like to give these to mine to help keep them busy, they don't like normal meadow hay but love the cookies! I find them all over the house!

We used to give something similar to the boys, compressed hay bails from P@H, they absolutely loved them, though those cookies sound more appetising.

We would give them semi regularly, mainly because it cost quite a bit, they were good for keeping the boys entertained while we cleaned them out etc.

We used to give something similar to the boys, compressed hay bails from P@H, they absolutely loved them, though those cookies sound more appetising.

We would give them semi regularly, mainly because it cost quite a bit, they were good for keeping the boys entertained while we cleaned them out etc.
We will have to try them in honour of Frank and Spencer! [emoji175][emoji235]

I never thought they are expensive but now I am reflecting. I got a pet shop opposite work so we never run out of cookie supplies!

I get them from wilko's usually. they're great for buns, not great for the mess!! usually I give them a day before they're due to be cleaned out or their house looks like a total mess :lol:

I get them from wilko's usually. they're great for buns, not great for the mess!! usually I give them a day before they're due to be cleaned out or their house looks like a total mess :lol:

Yes, hay/grass everywhere.

Frank had worked out that if he picked one up and then dropped/threw it in the floor some of it would break off, which was the same tactic he used with their rolling hay dispensers, he used to cause quite a racket.

Yes, hay/grass everywhere.

Frank had worked out that if he picked one up and then dropped/threw it in the floor some of it would break off, which was the same tactic he used with their rolling hay dispensers, he used to cause quite a racket.

mine do the same!! the rolling hay dispenser was great, but I had Snoopy who threw it against the bars, over his head, etc, so it wasn't great for sleeping! I tried to attach it to bars like you can, but he was so violent he pulled it off and continued his onslaught :lol:

I'd be more than happy to feed mine loads of these, but not on my budget :lol: I fed the Wilkos, Rosewood and P@H ones and they're fine with them all. OH likes that the buns like them but not clearing up afterwards! He's the only one he can clear the run out easily, and if it rains it's like weetabix!

Back