• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pip pips protest peeing issue not solved. Hahaha

Mervinius

Mama Doe
Well I thought we'd solved her midnight errant pees when we moved house. Apparently she just wasn't settled in yet.

We are back to 1 pee overnight in the exact place where we open the pen to let them have free reign. Oh and a scattering of poop.

She's definitely trying to communicate with me, but what is she saying?

Does she want to stay out all the time? Should I give in?

Or just put up with wee hahaha

It's got to be marking of some sort. Any ideas?
eda3ae09de521a9502fff69e5361aed4.jpg

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Have you tried having a different surface in their pen? Say laminate or vynil, so it’s not a soft surface, apart from in the litter trays? A lot of bunnies seem to wee on soft surfaces.

Have you tried having a different surface in their pen? Say laminate or vynil, so it’s not a soft surface, apart from in the litter trays? A lot of bunnies seem to wee on soft surfaces.
Yep she just peed on that too. It's not a surface thing it's definitely a communication thing.

maybe its territory? or it could be a protest at being shut in. or a protest for more pellet...fruit..veggies...herbs....the list is endless!

maybe its territory? or it could be a protest at being shut in. or a protest for more pellet...fruit..veggies...herbs....the list is endless!
This is my problem. I'm not sure what she is protesting about. Hahaha.

I don't think its food because she wasn't doing it when we first moved in, but did in the last house. So I'm thinking it's either

I don't want to be shut in

Or

This is my space.

Because the pee is at the pen door though I'm thinking it's I don't want to be shut in. Maybe she thinks the whole house is hers?

This is my problem. I'm not sure what she is protesting about. Hahaha.

I don't think its food because she wasn't doing it when we first moved in, but did in the last house. So I'm thinking it's either

I don't want to be shut in

Or

This is my space.

Because the pee is at the pen door though I'm thinking it's I don't want to be shut in. Maybe she thinks the whole house is hers?

I agree with your theory. Has she ever been left out all night & if so did she pee then

yeah, my two get upset at being put back in, but its not (sadly) possible for me to keep them out 24/7 as much as I would wish. could you let them have free access all the time?

rabbits are a bit like toddlers....they throw a temper tantrum at bedtime!!

I suggested to OH that we let them have free reign. He said nope, they aren't trustworthy enough.

Back