• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frank and Spencer August 2017 - 17 & 20 October

zarathustra

Warren Scout
As some will know we lost Frank on Wednesday morning after he was suddenly taken ill on Tuesday.

Spencer seemed to be coping well with the loss of Frank, he was bouncing around and eating and pooping well, until he suddenly took a turn on Friday afternoon. We took him to the emergency vets and they kept him in over night. Unfortunately despite the best efforts of the vets he also passed away at 07:20 on Saturday morning.

They were a pair of cheeky bunnies, they were my wife’s birthday present last year, but they very quickly became our rabbits, and the loss of these two awesome dudes turned this 6ft ex soldier into a blubbering mess.

I remember when we first saw them in Pets at Homes adoption section, there were two tiny bunnies sharing nuggets and looking very cute.

We went away and sorted out a hutch and assorted bits and luckily the boys were still there when we went back a few days later (it would have been exactly 1 year next Tuesday).

c26795db1da3b28163c7cd3f6f054e65.jpg

64c2c840863940b9e04a39020789c469.jpg

They gave us lots of laughs, and we loved them so much. Even when it turned out they had contracted ring worm from pets at home and we were cleaning and disinfecting their hutch everyday for weeks.

Eventually we were able to get the neutered and they loved having a short stay in the house with us while they recovered.

ee0a10048e15643d9381c7022b8a10d8.jpg

They grew, and as they got older their little personalities became more and more evident.

Sadly, in their finals days despite doing everything that we could we and the vets weren’t able to help them.

Franks was always the confident bunny, and wherever he went Spencer would be sure to follow.

They are resting next to each other, and we will never forget them.

0b441bb119ed093a808a7e32c01860f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so very sorry you lost them :cry: thinking of you both and sending hugs xx

Binky free Frank and Spencer xx

So sorry, sadly you had them for too short a time, but they knew love and had a happy life with you. Binky free together beautiful bunnies xxxx

I am so sorry to hear of both Frank and Spencer's passing. Your love for them will continue to shine. Binky free, beautiful boys. xxx

So sorry for your loss sat reading your story with tears rolling down my cheeks x binky your hearts out baby boys x

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I am so sorry for your loss of your two beautiful buns. This is a beautiful and moving tribute to them. Binkey free Spencer and Frank. xx

Back