• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch Housing Help Needed

Hello Everyone,

We are getting out first bunny and I am struggling to find a decent hutch.

The sticky note on here all the company’s are out of business Boyles/woodshedcomapny (eBay), Frodsham Ark housing too. We are getting a Netherland dwarf mix rabbit initially on his own until I have had him neutered.

If anyone can suggest anywhere I can look for a good hutch or if someone is selling one and toys too I would really appreciate it.

Many a thanks in advance

I wouldn’t suggest buying a second hand hutch or any shed that has had rabbits in it, because VHD2 is rife at the moment. You might find a second hand shed or playhouse on gumtree, preloved, eBay etc, so long as it’s not been used for rabbits.

A joiner or shed builder might build you a hutch if you asked. There’s lots of inspiration on the housing sticky for outdoor housing where people have used bike sheds etc.

Pets at Home sell hutches. The Bluebell hutch (5' 2-tier) is very popular. They also do a 6' 2-tier one now.

I would recommend Manor Pet Housing, although you’ll have a few weeks wait whilst they build it.

I would not recommend p@h hutches, in my experience they were flimsy and succumbed very easily to chewing by the bunnies. They do now have a couple of 6ft ones that would do short-term, but I wouldn’t expect them to last long.

Please bear in mind that your new bunny will only be able to live outside this winter if he is already outside - if he is currently housed indoors/in a heated shed he won’t have time to grow a winter coat now before it gets too cold, so he’ll have to stay indoors till about April.

Back