• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Removing bunny fur from clothes?

Graciee

Staff member
I know they sell those sticky things and other tools but none really are effective enough...? [emoji38]

Apricot is one of those snuggly, cuddle buns - she climbs onto you for snuggles and closes her eyes and teeth chatters when you hold her and stroke her. However she's moulting so so much rn, just holding her the air gets filled with flying fur floating everywhere - it's crazy - so my black hoodie is smothered in white bunny fur and I'm not sure how to get it off, anyone have any useful ways? Or products they find help? Don't think I've ever been this covered in fur before [emoji38]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I know they sell those sticky things and other tools but none really are effective enough...? [emoji38]

Apricot is one of those snuggly, cuddle buns - she climbs onto you for snuggles and closes her eyes and teeth chatters when you hold her and stroke her. However she's moulting so so much rn, just holding her the air gets filled with flying fur floating everywhere - it's crazy - so my black hoodie is smothered in white bunny fur and I'm not sure how to get it off, anyone have any useful ways? Or products they find help? Don't think I've ever been this covered in fur before [emoji38]

Best thing ever

https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewi...VDeJ3Ch2UBghaEAQYBiABEgKOj_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sellotape too fiddly and doesn't cover enough area.

I use this brush to get pet hair off their blankets before washing :)

My Dad used to have one of those brushes for his suit, just make sure you brush it in the right direction, otherwise you add to the fluff on your clothes! I find stroking a slightly damp hand can help lift fur bits and when all else fails I just hoover myself.

My Dad used to have one of those brushes for his suit, just make sure you brush it in the right direction, otherwise you add to the fluff on your clothes! I find stroking a slightly damp hand can help lift fur bits and when all else fails I just hoover myself.
Love that hoovering yourself [emoji38]

Love it :lol:

Cellotape x
Might be a good shout! I tried the roller sticky thing and it barely did anything [emoji38][emoji38] never had a moulty bunny like her haha

And the rexes don't seem to moult like that x

And by "what we use" I mean hardly ever. I just sport the wolverine look

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I use sticky rollers but when they are moulting badly I get through a lot of the rolls! I even had to take it to the vets with me last time I took Cookie! I also use a damp hand and wipe it over the clothes while I'm still wearing them which I hope the neighbours don't see me doing through the window :lol:

Parcel tape. But I still have clothes that are too full of hair to wear, and it's been a couple of years since I had rabbits.

I’ve had al sorts of lint rollers, brushes and stuff. The best thing I’ve found is sellotape! Frosty has really quite short but densely packed fur and when he is moulting it flys everywhere!

We have a silicone spiky glove thing for grooming out boys (who are wriggly and do not like being petted!) and its just as good on buns as it is on clothes/the sofa afterwards. Make sure to brush yourself in the same direction you were brushing the bun and the fur combs right off. I then finish with a sticky roller.

I’ve had al sorts of lint rollers, brushes and stuff. The best thing I’ve found is sellotape! Frosty has really quite short but densely packed fur and when he is moulting it flys everywhere!
Penelope and Apricots fur is quite long strands I was surprised tbh but it goes everywhere, Penelope loves strokes but she just settles down next to me so it's not too bad, but Apricot insists on being cuddled so atm everything I wear gets carpeted in her fur [emoji38] I should probably brush them might help, not sure what sort of brush would work on their coats tho just stroking them gets loads off

Back