• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sweetcorn!!!!!

juliesprincess

Young Bun
I gave my buns sweetcorn which they absolutely loved only to read the next day that its bad for them and can cause a blockage my heart fell into my stomache and i felt physically sick i removed it straight away and have been feeding nothing but hay and water as i read on an article my point is why do pet shops sell it for buns and it bad for them. I am going to advise shop next time im in there thank fully my babies are ok

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Was it the dried sweetcorn? It’s not your fault, pet shops shouldn’t sell it as suitable for rabbits. I’ve fed it before, in the past, before I found out it was a bad idea. And I’m sure a lot of people have. I’m sure your rabbits will be ok now you have removed it, and the more people who complain about it the better :thumb:

Was it the dried sweetcorn? It’s not your fault, pet shops shouldn’t sell it as suitable for rabbits. I’ve fed it before, in the past, before I found out it was a bad idea. And I’m sure a lot of people have. I’m sure your rabbits will be ok now you have removed it, and the more people who complain about it the better :thumb:
Completely agree - it's awful that pet shops still unsuitable things, egg in treats too annoys me - I hope your bunnies are okay, at least you know now :) x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Don’t worry, a lot of the treats sold in pet shops are not suitable really for bunnies. I always read the ingredients carefully now.

I think most people have made that mistake with dried corn before, I certainly have - so don’t feel bad - as long as the bunnies are still pooping and eating they will be fine, and you know for the future now.

Thanks for your support i had a look at the packaging in the shop yesterday says suitable for rodents !!!! But has a picture of a rabbit on it it makes me cross but at least buns are ok will be complaing and letting everyone know its not suitable

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I wouldn't worry about it, the sweetcorn has long gone through their digestive system and clearly they are fine. I had, on one occasion, gave our rabbits pieces of sweetcorn, not knowing about the potential risk of blockage and none of them had any problems.

Back