• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Luna seems "unwell" - U/D, she's home & stoned

Awh I hope she picks up throughout the night, and yes have to agree with anaesthetic and effects varying - can honestly say Clementine was discharged within an hour of waking up both times she went under and by the time we was home it was like nothing had happened - yet Atticus fell apart [emoji38] Apricot and Penelope both reacted very differently too - so I think it's normal :) xx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

thank you :) I think it is, some buns just tolerate it better and others don't. she is one that doesn't. at least I know what to expect in the future. she's so out of it though, Kevin keeps laughing and calling her a weed addict........men!! :roll::lol:

thank you :) I think it is, some buns just tolerate it better and others don't. she is one that doesn't. at least I know what to expect in the future. she's so out of it though, Kevin keeps laughing and calling her a weed addict........men!! :roll:[emoji38]
Awh poor baby [emoji38]

thank you :) I think it is, some buns just tolerate it better and others don't. she is one that doesn't. at least I know what to expect in the future. she's so out of it though, Kevin keeps laughing and calling her a weed addict........men!! :roll::lol:

I hate that Vetergesic I have to say.

One of my rabbits was so 'out of it' for several days I had eventually to get something to reverse the effects as he wouldn't eat.

I hope Luna will be feeling better soon xx

One of my rabbits was so 'out of it' for several days I had eventually to get something to reverse the effects as he wouldn't eat.

Couldn't agree more! Atticus was a mess for 2 whole weeks [emoji849] never has a rabbit tested me so much [emoji38] syringe feeding round the clock for that long seems absurd looking back.. But when he finally ate, it was all worth it [emoji38]

Couldn't agree more! Atticus was a mess for 2 whole weeks [emoji849] never has a rabbit tested me so much [emoji38] syringe feeding round the clock for that long seems absurd looking back.. But when he finally ate, it was all worth it [emoji38]

I had that with Snoopy :( for weeks at a time it was like having a new born baby, I’d be up every few hours to feed him and offer any tasteys he might enjoy. it’s difficult!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope Luna is feeling better this morning, and you managed to get some sleep. Topping up the vibes xx

not much hay has been eaten by either side, but I did give them a feast. the fibre first sticks are mostly all gone, all the herbs are gone, and so is most of the hay cookies. a few small bits left but with the mess, somebody is eating them!

Luna seems better, not 100% though. she didn’t run to greet me like usual, and seemed to be a bit wobbly. she look a raspberry though, so that’s something. I think she’s still groggy and out of it. she didn’t realise I was in the room until I said good morning and she jumped a bit [emoji38] she was having a drink at the time, so then she wandered over in her own time to say hello.

I won’t give them anything else so they can get back into hay consumption, i’ll let them out soon and keep an eye on her.

I’m tired! I haven’t been up this early in a long time unless I pulled all nighters. got up at 7am to check her, make kevin’s sandwich, then went back for cuddles

bb3eecc1e36d2c4f2f6b13c9050d4c57.jpg

excuse the claws, it slipped my mind to clip them before, and I don’t wanna stress her out right now with more. ill do them in a few days

gosh [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15] I don’t think she’s that bad but that must of been awful!!!

She is beautiful:love: I’m glad she seems to be feeling better:thumb:hope you can have a restful day today :thumb:

I hope she continues to improve :) she's so gorgeous [emoji7] xx

not much hay has been eaten by either side, but I did give them a feast. the fibre first sticks are mostly all gone, all the herbs are gone, and so is most of the hay cookies. a few small bits left but with the mess, somebody is eating them!

Luna seems better, not 100% though. she didn’t run to greet me like usual, and seemed to be a bit wobbly. she look a raspberry though, so that’s something. I think she’s still groggy and out of it. she didn’t realise I was in the room until I said good morning and she jumped a bit [emoji38] she was having a drink at the time, so then she wandered over in her own time to say hello.

I won’t give them anything else so they can get back into hay consumption, i’ll let them out soon and keep an eye on her.

I’m tired! I haven’t been up this early in a long time unless I pulled all nighters. got up at 7am to check her, make kevin’s sandwich, then went back for cuddles

bb3eecc1e36d2c4f2f6b13c9050d4c57.jpg

excuse the claws, it slipped my mind to clip them before, and I don’t wanna stress her out right now with more. ill do them in a few days

This is very good to hear.
I hope she continues to make progress during the day, and that you manage to get some sleep! x

8a507ab87690d4b27238837bc8fc5fd0.jpg

look at the mess they made [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

she’s due emeprid, I totally forgot due to this morning.

my vet just called me direct to ask how she is. I forgot to ask about the blood results or when they’ll be ready, so i’ll call back in a bit

thank you all, I’ve decided i’m bundling the two unwells together [emoji38][emoji38]

976d6a9746433047f4801ac09c6346cd.jpg

she does not like me, I’m a big meany who takes her to the vet and gives her medication.

she’s still not interested in pellet or baby food so I think she’s just sulking

Back