Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Spencer again

Thanks, funnily enough as soon as I emailed Vets4Pets theyíve gone quiet.

The father in law knows some solicitors, so he has been given permission to have an unofficial chat with him to see what, if any, legal avenues we have.

If they drag their heels with my request for records etc then Iím more than happy to make an official freedom of information request for all of the medical records for both Frank and Spencer.

Iím also not adverse to going down the bad publicity route. Although Iíd preferred to leave that as a final option when all other options have been exhausted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion, the practice manager wanted to determine how they could settle with you for as little as possible; and they are not willing to accept the same level of responsibility they would have if further testing confirmed RHD2.

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    In my opinion, the practice manager wanted to determine how they could settle with you for as little as possible; and they are not willing to accept the same level of responsibility they would have if further testing confirmed RHD2.
    Unfortunately both my wife and I are starting to suspect this as well.

Vets4Pets did eventually get back to me after I threatened to go straight to their CEO, and aim to respond to may requests within 10 days.

I am now looking into gathering as much information as I can about the efficacy of the Nobivac vaccination i.e. the percentage of rabbits who have received the vaccination but still go on to develop RHD1, and to also try and find another laboratory to see if I can get the samples tested for the strain of RHD.

If anyone has any advice on where I can look to find this sort of information I would be very grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by zarathustra View Post
    Unfortunately both my wife and I are starting to suspect this as well.

Vets4Pets did eventually get back to me after I threatened to go straight to their CEO, and aim to respond to may requests within 10 days.

I am now looking into gathering as much information as I can about the efficacy of the Nobivac vaccination i.e. the percentage of rabbits who have received the vaccination but still go on to develop RHD1, and to also try and find another laboratory to see if I can get the samples tested for the strain of RHD.

If anyone has any advice on where I can look to find this sort of information I would be very grateful.

I would contact the RCVS'

I have found them to be very helpful.

https://www.rcvs.org.uk/concerns/im-...ise-a-concern/

I also have another idea and will contact you privately about that.

Taken from the RHD2 thread, post 235:

Diagnosis of RHD2 and Post Mortem:

Rise in RHD2 according to vet pathologists and another point to access post mortem services, see below;

I was speaking to 3 veterinary pathologists yesterday at an event from the Royal Veterinary College (RVC) at Hatfield, Herts. They commented upon the rising number of RHD2 cases they are seeing. Gross post mortem is not often revealing and histology and PCR are the tools to establish the diagnosis.

For info for some - PCR is a quick diagnosis compared to histology as you can get the results in 24 hours if the lab that has the specimen is efficient and not all labs are!

They said the RVC offer PM services. Ideally they need the body fresh within 48 hours max. You can access the price list on the web page at the bottom of this post. Look at page 20 for their prices which are way more expensive than The Queenís Veterinary School at Cambridge University I have previously posted on, where a rabbit is £66.53+VAT. Cambridge University has billions in assets so that vet school can afford to be Ďnot for profití.

https://www.rvc.ac.uk/Media/Default/...017%202018.pdf