• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frank August 2017 - 17 October 2018

zarathustra

Warren Scout
I remember when I asked my wife what she wanted for her birthday, and she exclaimed “a birthday bunny!” Which was probably almost exactly a year ago today.

So off we trooped to the local pets at home, and we saw Frank and Spencer up for adoption together, they were between 10 and 12 weeks old at the time.

ca5dcfeec7975b4b393c1af46d00e800.jpg

Frank (the black rabbit showing off his chubby belly) was a character. While Spencer is more reserved and not very outgoing, Frank always wanted to see what was happening.

He always wanted to see what was on the other side of the cushion, and whether he could eat it.

He always loved an adventure and a bit of exploration

858e5c066c089f76017ae3eb802e6151.jpg

But was more than happy to settle down for some strokes from time to time

0ca3a6b10ffdd44b0269235be9e99e35.jpg

Sadly yesterday he stopped eating his nuggets, and would only nibble a little bit of kale every now and then.

We took him to the vets but, despite doing everything we could he left us this morning and I found him at 0530.

My wife and I have shared many tears over this this morning, and he has left a cheeky bunny shaped hole in our hearts.

But, for the brief time he was with us he made us so happy, lots of laughs at him being a plonker, moving the bowl once centimetre to the left, or doing the tiniest yawns. And watching him and Spencer running around, binkying and getting into all sorts of mischief.

We hope we gave him a good life, and that he was happy with us. We didn’t always get things right, but we did the best that we could all the time.

Run free mr Frank, and we will see you at the rainbow bridge.

6d21d240b52b772c4a28ba31cbe048f4.jpg

9f60fdf250f229182425bd405fe03c22.jpg

6d2ead99d6fcf8f1c40bae9561ad4a55.jpg

bae310bf2a0e59c0f20c6a43394c70c7.jpg

de94bcac0575540e4f1db3b3be283d25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lovely tribute to a special rabbit:love: I’m so sorry you lost him :cry:

Binky free Frank xx

Thanks you both very much, he was a very lovable chap.

He would often make a break for freedom when we went to feed them in the morning, though often he would just do a lap of honour then come back for his breakfast. He was also enthralled by my glasses, and I would often wind up with rabbit nose marks where he had been sniffing/nudging them.

I didn't realise how much I loved his cheeky little face until he died, I'll miss him staring at me through the patio doors while I'm making a cup of tea, and hiding behind a tunnel, until he heard the sound of a rustling plastic bag when he'd pop up like a mere cat

He was also enthralled by my glasses, and I would often wind up with rabbit nose marks where he had been sniffing/nudging them.

I didn't realise how much I loved his cheeky little face until he died, I'll miss him staring at me through the patio doors while I'm making a cup of tea, and hiding behind a tunnel, until he heard the sound of a rustling plastic bag when he'd pop up like a mere cat
Aww, how lovely! What a wonderful personality (weird, but wonderful :D) Mine are plastic bag lovers too, I always say to the OH I'll miss them running towards me at the first sign of a plastic bag :') I'm so soryy he had to leave, he will really be missed, he was lovely, and evidently loved :love: Especially because you called him a plonker and that's ALWAYS the best memories :)

We buried Frank this evening in a lovely cosy fleece.

We don’t have anywhere to bury him, so he was buried in the in laws garden.

It’s not a great photo, and we will be replanting the heather in a proper plant pot.

I think Frank would approve, he would have loved to hide behind them and peak out.

3e110c192063965227e312cb5f83b5e4.jpg

It is never easy writing a tribute to a dearly loved rabbit espcially so soon after he has gone to the bridge. Your tribute is remarkably moving, touching and gives me a sense of what glorious a bunny Frank was. The time is still raw with you and I think everyone who reads and understands your post shares the feeling you have. Frank carved a way into your lives - a special way that only a special rabbit can. Frank clearly showed his zest for life and you gave him a safe and loving environment where he could nurture and grow into the bunny he was. There is no better way than to write the beautiful tribute that you have - it made me cry and Franks story touched me as I suspect has touched others who have posted above.
Binkey free gorgous Frank - clearly much loved and also much missed. You little soul loves on for all. xx

Thanks.

I find writing quite cathartic, he was very special, they both are in their own ways.

He also liked to watch Peter Rabbit

c4035dfb05f9691b831582e6c43a56df.jpg

He will always have a place in our hearts, my wife pointed out earlier that he died exactly one week short of his 1 year adoption anniversary, it would have been next Tuesday.

It still pulls on the heart strings, but I’m trying to think of the happy times we had.

I have Frank marks on the collars of all my work shirts, where he would nuzzle under my chin and give the collars a little nibble.

Back