• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maple VS Boo OPINION POLL

Who is the tougher bun?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What we really need is an RU Agony Aunt, who understands the different moods and sulks of rabbits, but I'm confident that such a person does not exist :lol:

My observation here for what it's worth is that "sometimes" a rabbit relationship seems to go through different phases, presumably caused by a settling of differences. When Tui and Tethra were first bonded, they were very loved up. Particularly Tethra seemed to do everything to please i.e. grooming on demand, but receiving none ever in return. As the months have gone on, they now appear to be very close friends, but nothing more. It's very rare now that Tethra grooms Tui and snuggling is no longer a regular occurence. They do seem happy with each other though and there is no aggression. They sometimes sleep separately but mostly will run around together, interestingly with Tui following Tethra. I thought of Dennis yesterday when I was watching them. They were lying together on a shelf in their run, with Tethra sitting upright and Tui lying down, but every few minutes throwing her head under Tethra's presumably requesting grooming. Tethra just ignored her possibly seven or eight times, just staring ahead:lol: Eventually he groomed her ear, but fleetingly. She immediately turned round and nipped his bottom :lol: Tethra then moved so that he was sitting diagonally across the shelf, so she was pushed out and had to move away. Rabbit relationships are very difficult it seems.

I think as far as your two are concerned, I would leave things exactly as they are, unless there is aggression.

What we really need is an RU Agony Aunt, who understands the different moods and sulks of rabbits, but I'm confident that such a person does not exist [emoji38]

My observation here for what it's worth is that "sometimes" a rabbit relationship seems to go through different phases, presumably caused by a settling of differences. When Tui and Tethra were first bonded, they were very loved up. Particularly Tethra seemed to do everything to please i.e. grooming on demand, but receiving none ever in return. As the months have gone on, they now appear to be very close friends, but nothing more. It's very rare now that Tethra grooms Tui and snuggling is no longer a regular occurence. They do seem happy with each other though and there is no aggression. They sometimes sleep separately but mostly will run around together, interestingly with Tui following Tethra. I thought of Dennis yesterday when I was watching them. They were lying together on a shelf in their run, with Tethra sitting upright and Tui lying down, but every few minutes throwing her head under Tethra's presumably requesting grooming. Tethra just ignored her possibly seven or eight times, just staring ahead[emoji38] Eventually he groomed her ear, but fleetingly. She immediately turned round and nipped his bottom [emoji38] Tethra then moved so that he was sitting diagonally across the shelf, so she was pushed out and had to move away. Rabbit relationships are very difficult it seems.

I think as far as your two are concerned, I would leave things exactly as they are, unless there is aggression.
My mum wondered if Dennis was maybe in need of a dental and that could make him grumpy. To me, he shows no signs of dental other than his standard runny eyes but appetite is on top form. He has had one dental in the past.

I've left them together today. OH says I should trust Maple to be a good girl and not doubt her.

I wonder why they would sort their differences after one month together?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I wonder why they would sort their differences after one month together?
Maybe they realised there wasn't any break from it? A lot of marriages end in divorce a short time later, because living with someone is totally different to dating them, right? I dunno, I've been with the same bloke 15yrs but about 5-6yrs in we had a massive (day-long) tiff, but hadn't really fought at all before.

I missed all their shennanigans last night . Agreed it looks like they still have something to pick apart. For your sanitys sake I hope they sort it soon & syruppy gets her 24/7 loving . Is Dennis eating & pooing well? xxx

I found this image today - I thought it might be relevant.....
TaZaweQ.png
[/IMG]

I missed all their shennanigans last night . Agreed it looks like they still have something to pick apart. For your sanitys sake I hope they sort it soon & syruppy gets her 24/7 loving . Is Dennis eating & pooing well? xxx
Yeah Dennis has great appetite

On a more serious note - I hope things are settling down. I have been giving some thought on the issues between Maple and Dennis during my days at work (but don't tell my boss!). And whilst I am a long way off being an authority on the matter in hand, I'll try to present my thoughts. Maple and Dennis may just be trying to work out the heirachy - the dynamics have altered and there is bound to be a period where both rabbits feel they need to be dominant one. Ordinarily, according to what I've read, it's the female who assumes domiance. I can't speak from expereince because my experience is limited. I had the perfect loving bond with Ben & Georgina and it was an equal partnership. Hillian's dynamics are that Lillian is dominant to Henry but she is a complex bun with deep emotional scars so she has a gentle assertion of her dominance and Henry is very submissive so there's little friction.
Rabbits who have an episode of fistycuffs is stressfull and I completely empathise with you Loobers. It's upsetting and you want to step in. But sometimes as has been said above, if they are just nipping a bit, then sometimes you have to let it ride and see. They still have some natural habbits and this is perhaps one of those. But as I say, I'm no expert so don't take my word as gospel. Like you, I would probbaly step in and break it up to prevent it escalating, so doing the right thing is always tricky. The photos you shared seem to show both rabbits apart and being passive so they're not constantly looking to start a scrap. Maybe a gentle re introduction is a possible?
It's a learning curve - constantly and doing the right thing is always our first priority. And I believe you know your rabbits and I am hoping that Maple and Dennis can find a way to resolve their disagreement. Topping up the vibes for a peaceful night for you and Maple and Dennis.

All loved up yesterday and this morning they woke me up fighting. I'm asleep with them so lucky I caught it.

Now they are in the carrier of shame whilst I figure out what next

I'm also sorry to hear this. It's very see-saw at the moment and I'm at a loss to give any reasonable explanation for it. The must be a solution - it's just trying to work out what that is. Sending soothing vibes for calmer day with Dennis and Maple.

Oh no :cry: is it worth getting a vet check to see if there’s any medical thing causing one to feel off colour? I know your mum had wondered about Dennis needing a dental?

aghhhh. They deffo fighting & not just chase playing? I've no clue why they are playing up. Please sort yourselves out Maple & Dennis - your mum doesn't need this xx

Oh no :cry: is it worth getting a vet check to see if there’s any medical thing causing one to feel off colour? I know your mum had wondered about Dennis needing a dental?
It's Dennis burying his face into maples back then nipping her. I might have to get him registered at anton soon to get them checked. He was all loved up yesterday

Back