• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maple VS Boo OPINION POLL

Who is the tougher bun?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the finger of suspicion points at Maple, it couldn't possibly be Dennis. I think he did the right thing having been nipped by Maple, he made it clear she wasn't going to get away with it. Well done Dennis. I am not biased either!

Hmmm- Dennis is playing it cool. Typical male!
Occasionally, Henry sticks his sniffy organ into Lillian's rather delicate 'foof' as he's keen to lick and groom her and she doesn't like it and scuttles off. Actually not unlike me and the o/h.
Sending you all vibes for a peaceful night and hope you sleep well.
Sounds familiar XD

I believe that in rabbit world, females are the ones who are dominant over the males so maple is just being herself and Dennis has to find his place - which is to lick and groom the living day lights out of maple because she's so lovely. It's the same dynamics here with hillian- Lillian shoves her head right under Henry and says "get on with it". Henry has a lot of patience and since he was rescued from a group of 26 females, suggest he's also had a lot of practice too. I'm keeping everything crossed that this is just a handbag incident and hoping by the morning Cupid has returned.
Mine are totally like this, except Lopsy hasn't really realised he's supposed to do as much grooming as Aboleth wants...!

My two went proper mental for about 10-15mins yesterday around 5pm. I was outside cleaning them out (a totally different area to the one they were in) and Aboleth just kept humping Lopsy, so he pulled out her underfur (she always humps his face :roll:) and then he chased her for a good couple of seconds. This cycle continued for ages. I never separated them or stepped in though, they're pretty good at resolving themselves: either one runs off to a different area or the just sit and stare at each other until one gives in and grooms the other :roll: Or one hops off and eats something.

Hope everything's OK now :S

Do you think I should let them fight and see what happens or just nip it straight away?

They are fine but I'm at working pooping myself as they have broken my trust

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Do you think I should let them fight and see what happens or just nip it straight away?

They are fine but I'm at working pooping myself as they have broken my trust

Clementine and Atticus were sent to a bonder because I got far too upset when they chased. Bonder was happy with them very quickly, but once home they didn't seem that close to me, for weeks after there was humping, chasing, fur pulling, biting, excessive eye grooming. I just tried to leave them to it, I never got in the way because it always resolved itself quickly and fizzled out to nothing. They got over it about a month and a half later, now occasionally if something upsets one they may chase but then it's over again. They really do love each other for the most part [emoji38] so I guess what I'm saying is, I'd watch them and see if after the nip etc if the 'fight' resolves itself :)

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

usually I have a rule, if it looks nasty and there is clear distress (running, thumping, being cornered, grunting, biting) I break it up.. as for me that is bullying and I like to nip it in the bud right there and then. usually Luna backs Orion into a corner biting and chasing him, very aggressive. usually due to her being blind I think, she is a bit more grumpy than others and easily spooked. if it also lasts longer/doesn't resolve in 10-20 seconds, I break it up.

leaving it can be all well and good, but injuries can occur. Orion has many scab wounds on him, as does Luna. I only notice the scabs and no blood etc. but I wouldn't want them to hurt one another or be seriously injured.

it really comes down to knowing your bunnies.

I am considering adding in a third later down the line who can see, so Orion perhaps isn't as out numbered...but this is way off :lol:

It really does depend on them i think: in my case, it's not nice to see them all up in arms at each other but at the end of the day they get over themselves with nothing more than some lost fur and hurt pride. Mine do know when to stop as well: if one corners the other it turns into a staring match 12" apart for a couple of seconds before the cornerer backs off, letting the cornered one out if they want. Aboleth usually starts because of food, either she thinks Lopsy's hiding something or she's just upset she hasn't got any and is showing off/showing her dominance :S I reckon mine do a lot more 'fighting' than we know about tbh: if we find pulled fur in the morning, they're being lovely to each other etc., but we'll still 'admonish' the pulling party, not that they care :lol:

A stern "Joey" & for Boo her "stop" sign language is enough to calm mine. Separate if you're uncomfortable. I never get the feeling mine are going to cause damage but I stop Boo when she stresses Mouse with chasing. Joey & Boo are evenly matched and I'd be surprised if it ever escalated. I assume from the racket below there is a fair bit of chasing early doors but I only find evidence of fur pulling on occassion

I hope you can get home to a soppy maple head soon.

A stern "Joey" & for Boo her "stop" sign language is enough to calm mine. Separate if you're uncomfortable. I never get the feeling mine are going to cause damage but I stop Boo when she stresses Mouse with chasing. Joey & Boo are evenly matched and I'd be surprised if it ever escalated. I assume from the racket below there is a fair bit of chasing early doors but I only find evidence of fur pulling on occassion

I hope you can get home to a soppy maple head soon.
Do you do the spice girls moves too? "Stop right now, thank you very much"

All is clear on the western front, going to get them out and see if any chases

Loobers - I really wish I had some great advice to help you with all this, but Im afraid I don't. I'm just sending you hugs and vibes for a settled night and hope that Maple and Dennis resolve their little difference yesterday. Lillian informs me that if Dennis doesn't behave himself, she said she will come down there and have a word. Lillians view is that lady rabbits such as Maple, deserve to be treated as such and any discrepancies therein are not their fault.
I hope things are settled tonight for you - vibes and hugs xx

No lovings tonight. One chase when I let them out but generally Dennis is not interested in Maple anymore...He is ignoring her whilst she follows. She wants to snuggle

Look how grumpy Dennis is. Maple came and snuggled into him. Your breaking my heart denny boy, please be nice!!
4691335dae81f68a838dad3898155d52.jpg

So the situation is chasing in the cage but Maple hops away from Dennis. We get the impression that now Dennis wants to be top bun of the relationship and is doing nipping and chasing. Luckily for us Maple is running away so it doesn't amount to anything. I'm getting a bit worried as if she stands her ground then there will be a full blown fight. Maple has always been the boss over Toby and Dennis. Why would Dennis now turn?

OH says don't separate as he believes that they are working through something but I can't help worry a fight might break out. Dennis behaviour has changed and generally has his tail up all the time. When I woke during the night they where sleeping at separate ends of the cage. The cage is a 1.20 meter cage. Should I decrease or increase space?

I think It’s very difficult to advise if you can’t see them to observe, but it does sound like they are working through something, as your OH said. I suppose they’ve still got a new bond so things can change around as it’s early days, and they’d recently moved into new territory which might have instigated a change in behaviour.

Wether to increase space or not is a difficult thing to advise on, it might make things worse, or better. I think I’d leave them as they are for now so as not to rock the boat, try to keep things as simple as possible. But like I’ve said, it’s difficult without knowing them and being there.

I wouldn’t worry unduly about them being at opposite ends of the cage I don’t think.

Could you do a video of them?

Back