• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maple VS Boo OPINION POLL

Who is the tougher bun?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

loobers25

Warren Veteran
Have just had some fisty cuffs. Fight started when they was having a snuggle in the lounge, then Maple went up to Dennis and nipped him on his side. Then went to a fight. First ever fight since bonding, not even one scuffle before. I have shoved them both in the pet carrier to think about if they really want me to have a nervous breakdown.

Since then Maple wants to snuggle and Dennis is not having it and ignoring her request for grooming.

Thoughts?

Take them to the blue cross? Ok then will do

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
:( I was hoping for photos not to hear of scraps. Did they use teeth or just prance around with tails up & a little fur pull? J&B do the later from time to time, it never amounts to much

Oh Dennis, we didn't expect this from you :(

I have to say I am very surprised.

Has Maple nipped before? Are they still in the carrier?

It's difficult to judge what's going on without witnessing the events, but I think atm I would consider it just a one-off. Have you got some nice yummy herbs or forage that you could get them to eat together and see how they go?

This is most definitely NOT what you need.

No- no blue cross. Even the best couples have a disagreement or three. Why, just this weekend me and ''she who must be obeyed' had a difference of opinion when I was incorrectly accused of putting the child lock on something called a 'washing machine' (whatever one of those is?).
I think you are doing an amazing job and your rabbits love you as you do them, and they love each other. If possible, separate beds for them tonight- let them sleep on their actions and tomorrow is a new day. Sending you vibes from me and hillian.

Yes Maple nips him. In my opinion it's like love nips soft and gentle. She usually does it when they are snuggling but I think this time took him by suprise.

Is love nips a thing or have I made that up?

I got them out In the lounge again and they are running around ignoring each other. They just shared a bowl of forage as per omi advise. Maple has forgiven Dennis but Dennis won't groom her at the moment.

I am really reluctant to separate them again. In fact I won't and I'll sleep with them tonight.

The fight was a tail up spinning round in circles with only Dennis fur pulled. We separated them, didn't see how it would of finished.

Here's the "rotters" now as j&b would say [emoji23]
ac53fa1d18be1ed1f462a066ba1fdc78.jpg

Hmmm- Dennis is playing it cool. Typical male!
Occasionally, Henry sticks his sniffy organ into Lillian's rather delicate 'foof' as he's keen to lick and groom her and she doesn't like it and scuttles off. Actually not unlike me and the o/h.
Sending you all vibes for a peaceful night and hope you sleep well.

rotters indeed & to think Boobly has been putting together their wedding present today. Bad bunnies. I suspect its something & nothing. Dennis has got his handbag out & having a wee sulk. I'd do as you are & sleep with them tonight . I'm wondering if there is something in the air - mine have had a prancey scuffle since you posted this.

Calming vibes xxx

This picture says it all really doesn't it. I like how everyone is disappointed in Dennis (including OH)!!

Maple syrup is a absolute demanding demon and he has catered to her every needs. Her head has been sopping for nearly a month! Poor denny boy
5e3f910a4babe2a55f3a3bc9816a0437.jpg

I think you're doing the right thing in not separating them. Hopefully they'll get over it overnight. Tui sometimes nips Tethra's bottom, but he just gives her a look and moves away :) I thinks her nips are fun nips :lol:

Sending lots of vibes for a peaceful night and I hope you get some sleep.

This picture says it all really doesn't it. I like how everyone is disappointed in Dennis (including OH)!!

Maple syrup is a absolute demanding demon and he has catered to her every needs. Her head has been sopping for nearly a month! Poor denny boy

Aww, they both look so so sad :(

I believe that in rabbit world, females are the ones who are dominant over the males so maple is just being herself and Dennis has to find his place - which is to lick and groom the living day lights out of maple because she's so lovely. It's the same dynamics here with hillian- Lillian shoves her head right under Henry and says "get on with it". Henry has a lot of patience and since he was rescued from a group of 26 females, suggest he's also had a lot of practice too. I'm keeping everything crossed that this is just a handbag incident and hoping by the morning Cupid has returned.

Maple syrup is a complete angel!! Dennis is giving off some funny old vibes tonight....

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I opened my peepers to find Dennis grooming Maple.

When you say prancing and chasing booble-doo do they circle at all?

Sorry they had a fall out, but I’m glad that Dennis was feeling like grooming Maple this morning, fingers crossed they stay friends now xx

I'm so glad that normality has returned :D

Perhaps this can be seen as part of the "getting to know what's acceptable" in their relationship. Maple might realise now that sometimes Dennis just doesn't want to have a Maple nip :)

Sending lots of vibes that things stay OK.

Phew! I am relieved that they have put their squabble behind them. Let's hope they continue to grow in love for each other- and respect each other's boundaries.

Back